+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter

priyesh1986

Feb 9, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have received the ITA and I am in the process of collecting all the documents required for filing my PR application. I had a question regarding the reference letter. One of my previous organisations is no longer into existence since they have shut the company. I spoke to the person who was my Director at the company and he said that he doesn't have a letter head or stamp of that company anymore. Also that person has been recently hospitalised and doctor has advised him complete bed rest. So he said that he doesn't know if and how he can help me. There is no other person from that company whom I can ask for help. Kindly help me and tell what can be done in this situation. I don't want to miss out on my deadline to submit my application. Any help would be appreciated.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
priyesh1986 said:
Hello Everyone,

I have received the ITA and I am in the process of collecting all the documents required for filing my PR application. I had a question regarding the reference letter. One of my previous organisations is no longer into existence since they have shut the company. I spoke to the person who was my Director at the company and he said that he doesn't have a letter head or stamp of that company anymore. Also that person has been recently hospitalised and doctor has advised him complete bed rest. So he said that he doesn't know if and how he can help me. There is no other person from that company whom I can ask for help. Kindly help me and tell what can be done in this situation. I don't want to miss out on my deadline to submit my application. Any help would be appreciated.
Let him write a reference letter for you without a letterhead or stamp, but he should explain why it is impossible to put it, and get it notarized. Be careful to write everything CIC is requesting for a Reference letter so they see you gave your best to get this proof of work experience.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Reactions: ArjonDJ

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
priyesh1986 said:
Hello Everyone,

You don't need to worry at all.
All you need to do is this:

When your director gets well out of his bed, then ask him for signing a job description letter for you. It can be on simple paper without getting it notarised. Be sure to make it in the following format.

Format for job description letter.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/format-for-job-description-certificate-t487385.0.html;msg5959284#msg5959284

priyesh1986

Feb 9, 2017
jpv2212 said:
You don't need to worry at all.
All you need to do is this:

When your director gets well out of his bed, then ask him for signing a job description letter for you. It can be on simple paper without getting it notarised. Be sure to make it in the following format.

Format for job description letter.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/format-for-job-description-certificate-t487385.0.html;msg5959284#msg5959284
Thanks for your reply. I have to submit my application before 5th of July. So I can simply get the letter with a proper format on a simple plain paper which includes his signature and that will be enough? Do I have to mention in the letter why it is not on the letter head and why is there no stamp of the company on the letter as well?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
priyesh1986 said:
Thanks for your reply. I have to submit my application before 5th of July. So I can simply get the letter with a proper format on a simple plain paper which includes his signature and that will be enough? Do I have to mention in the letter why it is not on the letter head and why is there no stamp of the company on the letter as well?
If you want to clarify it, then you can mention it in your LoE (letter of explanation).
Otherwise it's not necessary.

visitor99

Feb 23, 2017
Hi everyone, I have all my paperwork ready except of one thing. I have the reference letter from my employer without the salary information. For that I want to add my T4s and my first and last pay slip for each position. Unfortunately theT4/pay slips are in german and it will cost me a fortune to get everything translated. Is it ok to attach them in german or do I have to get it translated? thanks so much in advance!

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
visitor99 said:
Hi everyone, I have all my paperwork ready except of one thing. I have the reference letter from my employer without the salary information. For that I want to add my T4s and my first and last pay slip for each position. Unfortunately theT4/pay slips are in german and it will cost me a fortune to get everything translated. Is it ok to attach them in german or do I have to get it translated? thanks so much in advance!
Each doc you submit MUST be either in English or French. No exception is given to any doc.

John Coltrane

Jun 7, 2017
I am in a similar situation. One of my reference letters has no mention of hours of work but the offer letter has it. So is it ok to submit it as such?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I am in a similar situation. One of my reference letters has no mention of hours of work but the offer letter has it. So is it ok to submit it as such?
as long as your proof covers all the information cic is asking for.