+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter to count experience in PR Application for claiming CRS points

May 12, 2023
I was a Government Employee back in India and am currently working on PGWP in Canada. I cannot get my reference letter stating my jobs and responsibilities as I have worked for several departments and my job was transferable therefore, I had to live in many places and under different Managers. It is not possible to furnish the details as nobody would provide the experience letter for more than the tenure I worked under him and it's like 6-7 months for most of the cases. However, my total experience is more than 5 years.
Can I get the letter signed by one of my colleagues stating the jobs and responsibilities? Will that work for the PR application? Does anybody know of any such situation where somebody has got his application approved based on a colleague's letter stating all the roles and responsibilities?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I was a Government Employee back in India and am currently working on PGWP in Canada. I cannot get my reference letter stating my jobs and responsibilities as I have worked for several departments and my job was transferable therefore, I had to live in many places and under different Managers. It is not possible to furnish the details as nobody would provide the experience letter for more than the tenure I worked under him and it's like 6-7 months for most of the cases. However, my total experience is more than 5 years.
Can I get the letter signed by one of my colleagues stating the jobs and responsibilities? Will that work for the PR application? Does anybody know of any such situation where somebody has got his application approved based on a colleague's letter stating all the roles and responsibilities?
As a govt employee there would be a official timeline of your job tenure...I don’t think that would be a problem if you apply officially...

May 12, 2023
Thanks @Taran D for replying. I did worked for 6 years and served various departments but the admin department refused to give any such experience letter to me but this was denied verbally. I dont have that in writing. However, I have all my pay slips and bank statements which may serve as a proof and I can arrange for a reference letter from a colleague who is senior to me.

Will that work? Has anybody came across with such similar scenario? Pl. advise

Reactions: Taran D

rugnrollseo

Apr 8, 2024
Can I get the letter signed by one of my colleagues stating the jobs and responsibilities Spending Money Games ? Will that work for the PR application? Does anybody know of any such situation where somebody has got his application approved based on a colleague's letter stating all the roles and responsibilities?
During [Your Name]'s tenure with us, they have consistently demonstrated a high level of professionalism, creativity, and dedication to their work. Their ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders, including clients, media outlets, and internal teams, has been instrumental in driving successful PR campaigns and achieving organizational goals.