+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter from previous jobs, validity?

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
Hi to everyone! This is my problem:
I worked at a many companies between 2018 and 2020, and all of them gave me job certificates that don’t specify my duties nor salary. Now I have just created my profile, and I’ve read that, in case I’m invited to apply for a PR, I must attach reference letters with all those details. My former bosses in those companies are not longer working there, but I can contact them, and HR doesn’t want to give me any reference. My questions are:
-can I ask to my former bosses to write a reference with the logo of the company printed in the letterhead and they signing it as former bosses?
-What date should I put in those letters?: the current date or the date of next day after I stopped working for the company?
-Do reference letters expire so I should wait until I receive an ITA to get them or can I get them now even if I won’t be able to get an ITA until next year?

hope you can help me with these issues. Thanks a lot in advance

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hi to everyone! This is my problem:
I worked at a many companies between 2018 and 2020, and all of them gave me job certificates that don’t specify my duties nor salary. Now I have just created my profile, and I’ve read that, in case I’m invited to apply for a PR, I must attach reference letters with all those details. My former bosses in those companies are not longer working there, but I can contact them, and HR doesn’t want to give me any reference. My questions are:
-can I ask to my former bosses to write a reference with the logo of the company printed in the letterhead and they signing it as former bosses?
-What date should I put in those letters?: the current date or the date of next day after I stopped working for the company?
-Do reference letters expire so I should wait until I receive an ITA to get them or can I get them now even if I won’t be able to get an ITA until next year?

hope you can help me with these issues. Thanks a lot in advance
Dont go for the logo printed letterhead method. Since they dont work there, you can not do that. Simply explain your situation in letter of explanation, obtain reference letters from former bosses on plain paper & get them notarized.

Submit these new reference letters with old reference letters issued by company , your old ID card , appointment letters and pay slips & some proof that your former bosses were working there like their old ID card or business card or their appointment letter etc. That will be enough.

You will put current date on new letters.

Reference letters never expire. You can get them now

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
Dont go for the logo printed letterhead method. Since they dont work there, you can not do that. Simply explain your situation in letter of explanation, obtain reference letters from former bosses on plain paper & get them notarized.

Submit these new reference letters with old reference letters issued by company , your old ID card , appointment letters and pay slips & some proof that your former bosses were working there like their old ID card or business card or their appointment letter etc. That will be enough.

You will put current date on new letters.

Reference letters never expire. You can get them now
Thanks for answering! And what about a letter from a job that I left about 4 years ago, and that reference letter with all the requirements was issued on that date (about 2018): would that letter be still valid or should I update it? I’m asking because my former boss who signed that letter by those years is no longer working on that company. I’m having troubles with those doubts since here in my country, it’s very common that people change jobs frequently. And also, I don’t have salary on that letter . Thanks a lot again

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Thanks for answering! And what about a letter from a job that I left about 4 years ago, and that reference letter with all the requirements was issued on that date (about 2018): would that letter be still valid or should I update it? I’m asking because my former boss who signed that letter by those years is no longer working on that company. I’m having troubles with those doubts since here in my country, it’s very common that people change jobs frequently. And also, I don’t have salary on that letter . Thanks a lot again
Yes, that letter is valid.