+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter From Ex-Colleague

Rathesh

Oct 25, 2014
Hie I have my experience letter in the required format but unfortunately the manager who gave me the letter has left the organisation as well. so What should I do in order to make this work out.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hie I have my experience letter in the required format but unfortunately the manager who gave me the letter has left the organisation as well. so What should I do in order to make this work out.
This is not uncommon, don't worry. If you know where he/she is now, ask if it is OK to provide current contact information, and do so in a letter of explanation. Or, provide contact details for someone else at the organization (e.g HR).

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
guys i have a rather peculiar problem............I have all the evidences of my employment with me, i.e , appointment letter.........complete salary history from the organization.....appraisal letters of 2 years.........but the problem is that the employer's policy doesnot allow experience/reference letters to pronounce the job duties so the reference letter has all the required information except the job duties...........and my appointment letter too doesnot state my job duties.
the job duties are mentioned on the employee management system that is on the internet.
Can someone tell me what to do now? or any suggestions? I am thinking of getting an additional reference letter from my colleague........ what are the requirements for such a letter? should it be on a stamped paper? and what should be mentioned in the letter?

thank you

jatinsingh787

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Hi Friends,
I need a suggestion on my situation related to reference letter.

I have 6 years of work experience in total that I have mentioned in my work history, after ITA, in the following manner.

1. May 2011 – Aug 2013 (2 years and 3 months)
2. Nov 2013 – Mar 2015 (1 year and 4 months)
3. April 2015 – till present (2 years and 8 months)

• Now my concern is that I have detailed reference letter available for my latest jobs, that is Job No 2 and 3, that makes a total of 4 years of work ex which is enough to claim maximum job points.
• Whereas for my old job, that is Job 1, I do not have any reference letter because the company was dissolved in 2015. Is reference letter for this job is also mandatory?, because i mentioned a total of 6 years of work ex in express entry profile? I only have appointment letters, relieving letter, salary slips and bank statements to prove this job.

Would appreciate the support of all senior members of the group

sup1208

May 19, 2022
Congrats Udayesh on getting your PR! I am in a similar situation. My ex-employer provided an employment letter that has all the details as per IRCC except job responsibilities. I am in touch with my supervisor but she's no longer working at this company. I can get a letter from her. But can it be on a plain PDF with no letterhead? Does it need to be notarized? If yes, how did you do it? Do you think I need to invite her to an online notarization call and sign in front of the notary?

I appreciate your advice.

sup1208

May 19, 2022
Hey hshringi, could you please give an update on your application? Did you end up getting the PR? Did you face any trouble from IRCC regarding the documents? Also, how did you get the reference letter notarized? Did you ask your colleague to join an online meeting with the notary and sign it in front of them?

Please let me know. Thank you very much!

sup1208

May 19, 2022
guys i have a rather peculiar problem............I have all the evidences of my employment with me, i.e , appointment letter.........complete salary history from the organization.....appraisal letters of 2 years.........but the problem is that the employer's policy doesnot allow experience/reference letters to pronounce the job duties so the reference letter has all the required information except the job duties...........and my appointment letter too doesnot state my job duties.
the job duties are mentioned on the employee management system that is on the internet.
Can someone tell me what to do now? or any suggestions? I am thinking of getting an additional reference letter from my colleague........ what are the requirements for such a letter? should it be on a stamped paper? and what should be mentioned in the letter?

thank you
Hi drshohrat, what did you do in this case? I'm exactly in the same situation. I have everything as per IRCC requirements except job duties. Please let me know what you did and if that worked for you. If you don't mind me asking, may I know which company you worked for?