+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter for NOC 2121 (Biologist)

buterbrod

Aug 21, 2011
Hi all,
I am a biologist on my academical background (M.Sc.) and currently working for a generic drug company as R&D researcher and Project Coordinator.
Please have a look at my reference letter that I wrote in order to ask my manager to sign on...
Do You think this job description meets the criteria of NOC 2121?

That's important to me to get your opinions in order to do some changes, as it still possible.

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing this reference at the request of XXX, holder of passport number XXX. XXX is employed in XXX since Nov. 2007 until today as a biologist in positions of R&D Researcher (Nov. 2007 – Aug. 2011) and Project Coordinator (Sep. 2011 – today).In his positions, as a full-time employee, XXX is mainly responsible for research and development of generic drugs.
XXX's duties include:
• Planning and conduction research to develop refine and evaluate generic drug products
• Analyzing clinical and laboratory studies to test, evaluate and screen drugs and pharmaceuticals
• Participating in the commercialization of new products
• Participating in analytical and biostatistical data analysis.
• Supervising technicians
• Preparation of reports and plans for management of product development
Throughout the time XXX has been working as a biologist in positions of R&D, he has taken many professional courses in the research field that have assisted him in furthering his professional training and education. He has participated in professional summits as well.
XXX is working XXX hours per week and earning XXX per year (as of 2010). Besides salary, he is also receiving other benefits such as pension fund, study fund, 14 days of paid vacation per year, extended health plan, dental plan etc.
I am working as XXX's manager since the year of 2007. I trust that this letter provides sufficient information and proof of his work experience and abilities as a biologist.
I am happy to provide further information if required.

Sincerely,
YYYYY

Thanks a lot.