+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recourse for Very Long Waits?

• Thread starter Deleted member 802445
  • Start date

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Provide the proof of employment and close that loop.
There being no financial requirement does not mean you do not need to show you have a job.
While it may or may not be the case that the job was an issue, at this point providing addl information of any useful kind might conceivably get them to pick up the file and do something with it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This may sound absurd, but technically it's an option depending on your circumstances. I've seen cases where having an active court case against IRCC has an impact on speeding things up if they want to reach a settlement. Assuming you can find some strong reason or have multiple people from Singapore VO get together on one case.
There is a process, writ of mandamus, discussed here and yes, used sometimes to force govt to do something.

Note, it's not cheap.

And while I'm very skeptical this would be meet the criteria for legal success (i.e. in the courts) and that would likely take years, some argue that filing for the writ and/or warning to govt of intention to file can get them to just deal with it.

Again, not cheap; and at this point, possible the file would move without the legal maneuver (and that some of those cases of claimed success are things that would have happened anyway). But up to the sponsor and applicant whether they wish to try it.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
There is a process, writ of mandamus, discussed here and yes, used sometimes to force govt to do something.

Note, it's not cheap.

And while I'm very skeptical this would be meet the criteria for legal success (i.e. in the courts) and that would likely take years, some argue that filing for the writ and/or warning to govt of intention to file can get them to just deal with it.

Again, not cheap; and at this point, possible the file would move without the legal maneuver (and that some of those cases of claimed success are things that would have happened anyway). But up to the sponsor and applicant whether they wish to try it.
Thanks for giving this more context! I did not know that legal name of it.

Also, if anyone is interested here's a news article on an example. Not exactly the same situation discussed in this thread but still about family sponsorship. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-parent-sponsorship-legal-settlement-1.5154407

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for giving this more context! I did not know that legal name of it.

Also, if anyone is interested here's a news article on an example. Not exactly the same situation discussed in this thread but still about family sponsorship. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-parent-sponsorship-legal-settlement-1.5154407
I warn, there is periodically a burst of interest here in this process, and some out there who believe it is the magical solution to problems (including some who may be selling their services), and then the interest dies out and we don't see many cases where it's worked.

This is not to say it doesn't work - just that it's not cheap, slow, and the cases to which it really applies is seemingly quite narrow.

Reactions: DimT44