+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recommendation of International Moving Companies from UAE to Canada?

OttoB

Jul 16, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Needed some advice on anyone with experience in International Moving Companies from the Uae to Canada, and how long did it take for the stuff to reach Canada? Anyone's feedback will be appreciated!

Thank you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
OttoB said:
Hello Everyone,

Needed some advice on anyone with experience in International Moving Companies from the Uae to Canada, and how long did it take for the stuff to reach Canada? Anyone's feedback will be appreciated!

Thank you.
bijupv007 said:
hi buddy

ist !00% advisable to avoid sending cargo to canada, and avoid taking all old stuff. the reason is it costs (cargo charge) much much more than if u buy from canada the same stuff.

but Books and stuff like tht i know its difficult to avoid so ......

some companies which u can check out are :-IN DUBAI

1. Globelink Weststar LLC
approx USD110 Per CBM . bill charge wil be USD 30 normally
Transit time 30 to 40 days
Tel:04 3974400

2. Cargocare and Shipping LLC
USD105 Per CBM
Transit Time 30 to 40day
Tel: 04 8837512

3. Consolidated Shipping LLC
From USD80 per CBM
AMS USD30
Transit Time 30 to 40 days.
Tel:04 3248884

Biju

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avoid using Executive Movers (and/or partners), remember to buy insurance and check if the list provided by the relocation company matches your own (also see my comments in this post):

meldxb said:
I recently moved to Ontario, Canada from Dubai, U.A.E and had my goods shipped door to door via Executive Movers. The consolidated shipment (shared container) took 3 months to arrive and was cleared and delivered by a local agent (Royal Moving & Storage) in Canada. All 60 boxes were professionally packed and delivered however I was shocked to find out that several electronic items such my netbook, LED projector, portable DVD player, professional hair iron and playstation 3 accessories were stolen.

All goods were insured however the insurance company says that I did not report anything missing when the boxes were delivered home and that there was no itemized list of all goods. All personal effects were generalized by Executive Movers. Yes I signed the delivery report upon receiving all 60 boxes, however it took me 3 days to unpack and audit my personal effects and that is when I noticed the missing items. Only the boxes containing electronics were opened and resealed. Both cargo agents in Dubai and Canada deny any responsibility and maintain that the boxes were not tampered with. Royal Moving & Storage ended their responsibility when they delivered the boxes home and lay blame on Canada Customs.

I was wondering if anybody had a similar situation whereby goods were stolen during transit or if Canadian Customs steal valuables during inspection? I do not want to point fingers and pass judgement as I do not have any evidence. The fact is that several of my goods have been stolen and the Insurance company will try their best not to compensate.

meldxb

Jan 22, 2012
Please have a look at this post regarding Executive Movers Dubai

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t131146.0.html

Avoid Executive Movers Dubai at all costs and spread the word around.
Thanks

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
I used Ruby Cargo. They did an amazing job. Let me know if you need contact info of the agent we used in Toronto.