+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieving money from over seas

slim1956

Jun 23, 2014
If you were scammed out of money from another country. Now that country is trying to fix there problem by sending you money back using a VISA BANK CARD. Do you have to pay taxes on such card before being able to use it? Can you help me out?

Jul 5, 2014
I have a similar question, in my case I have a house rented in my country and I want to receive this money in Canada without paying taxes

Tks

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
charles_vittorio said:
I have a similar question, in my case I have a house rented in my country and I want to receive this money in Canada without paying taxes

Tks
You are obliged to pay taxes on your worldwide income... whether you transfer the money to Canada or not, you have to include the rental income when you file your taxes. The good news is that if you have paid taxes in another country that can be deducted from the canadian tax bill.

Amadan123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Agreed with hobbes.

If it is income, then it will be taxed. If it is a repatriation of after-tax funds, then it will not be.

Madan Chartered Accountant team
www.madanca.com

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Amadan123 said:
Agreed with hobbes.

If it is income, then it will be taxed. If it is a repatriation of after-tax funds, then it will not be.

www.madanca.com
What about the transfer of savings funds?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
What about the transfer of savings funds?
If you've earned capital gains on the savings fund then you have to declare it. The capital gains will be taxed.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
charles_vittorio said:

Tks
Are you asking for help on how to illegally dodge taxes?

Amadan123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
If what torontosm suggests is true, then you should know that the CRA can come down heavy with penalties and interest of unreported and/or under-reported income. A word of caution: be wise with your tax payment and reporting obligations with the CRA.

www.madanca.com