+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved report on why i was denied entry?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
JSLABANA87 said:
Hi there,

I am planning on traveling to Canada to attend a close family friends wedding. here is my situation.

I do have a misdeamnor charge of attempted battery that took place in the US

I was born and currently live in the US but i also have a UK passport.

from what i have been reading that if i try and enter with my US passport they would see my charge

but

if i try and enter with my UK passport would they still see my charges that happened in the US??
Why hijack this thread with an unrelated topic? Better to start your own.

It's luck of the draw - you might get lucky or you might not. The RIGHT thing to do is determine if a misdemeanor charge even makes you criminally inadmissible. If it does, apply for rehabilitation and/or a TRP. The charge is yours regardless of where it occurred (and they DO match things with your name and DOB).

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
Regardless of which passport you seek to enter Canada with you are required to provide information about any criminal convictions.

There has been a recent shift in processing less serious criminal convictions in Canada and you might be offered the opportunity to obtain a TRP in order to overcome an inadmissibility if there is one.

Do not believe that because a conviction may not show up that you are not inadmissible, especially if you already state that you have a conviction. This will have to be assessed to determine if the conviction equates to one in Canada. If the information is not presented and later found out you could be ordered out of Canada as a result of misrepresentation or even charged with this and face jail time or a fine.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
Any criminal conviction can result in inadmissibility. what may be a less serious conviction in some countries could be considered serious in Canada or could be tried either as summary or indictable. In those cases regardless of how it was tried it would be treated for immigration purposes as the more serious.

Also ther are crimes in some countries that are not in Canada. It is more likely to harm you not being truthful in cases of charges or convictions than not.