+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved letter from Sydney...no mention of IELTS

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
rupeshhari said:
where are you from? singapore? if you are from UK or US or Australia, etc, then don't do ielts.
I'm working in US for the past 4 years and I'm from India so still do I have to do IELTS because I'm really confused?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
why confused? yes , you should do the IELTS. Thats just my opinion.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
rupeshhari said:
why confused? yes , you should do the IELTS. Thats just my opinion.
In the checklist option it says you can give language proficieny test result or a written submission...what can we write to support English proficiency if not the IELTS test.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Instructions clearly state that written submission for language proficiency proof is ONLY recommended for people whose native language is English or French. No matter how good you are at it, if it is NOT your mother tongue, then you'll be better off if you take the test.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
wpc71 said:
Instructions clearly state that written submission for language proficiency proof is ONLY recommended for people whose native language is English or French. No matter how good you are at it, if it is NOT your mother tongue, then you'll be better off if you take the test.
Ok thanks a ton.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
sandiego said:
hi sg09,

how long it took you to get a response from Sydney?

regs,
San diego
I send my form on Feb 12 and recieved the letter yesterday ,dated Feb 23.

creative_abhi

Nov 11, 2009
Gurus,
I need some help regarding Ielts and submission of Application.

I have my total score at 66 points without considering my ielts exam now should I appear for ielts or do i put the minimum score for claiming the additional points from language proficiency to score 67, additionally if i submitt my application without IELTS than would they come back to me later saying that i need to appear or would they reject my case.

thanks in advance

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
My suggestion:
Put whatever you think you will score if you take the test. After you take the test and have your results, the Visa Office will award you points based on your test results NOT your claims. No problem then...