+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent PR filing for daughter

Kismet18

Apr 24, 2017
I need some guidance. I am a Jamaican just recently became a permanent resident through spoual sponsorship. My daughter has lived with me since she was 3 months of age. My daughter was initially on the filing but her bio mother would not sign the form to allow her to come to Canada with me. I'm wondering how I can file for my daughter now that I'm a PR. The bio mother is barely in my child's life seeing her ever few months for a short duration. My daughter in my absence is being raised by my mother and my sister. Can I file for my daughter without the bio mom signature? The bio mother is being very difficult even tough she sees the child sporadically at her own convienence. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated I just don't know where to go from here...my mom is getting close to retirement and she's tired she shouldn't have to raise my daughter when I can provide a great life for her in Canada.
Thanks
Randy

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You will need to get the mother's permission, or sole custody of your child with a legal ruling from a court.

Without these, you can't remove the child from her home country else your ex could file a kidnapping charge against you.

If you can't get legal custody, then you will need to convince your ex that your child moving to Canada is in her best interest. Or if she really doesn't care too much and just wants to be difficult, perhaps offer her some financial incentive to sign the consent form.

Also, I assume your daughter was declared as a non-accompanying dependent on your own PR app and did a medical exam?