+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving I.T.A before getting the WES Report: Are there any Issues?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Since some applicant are aware that the WES reference number and the ECA number only differs by IMM at the end so they abuse the process. IRCC clearly states:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Before you start
Before you fill out your profile, find out if you’re eligible under a federal program that is part of Express Entry. You’ll need to:

• take a language test.
  • get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you were educated outside Canada
    • This is not mandatory if:
      • you have at least one year of recent work experience in Canada OR
      • your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work)
    • if you don’t need them assessed, you may want to do so anyway to increase your score and chances of being invited to apply
  • find out if your work experience is valid. Check the National Occupational Classification (NOC) to learn the skill type of:
    • your current work experience
    • the job you plan to have in Canada (if they’re different)
Now, if WES decides to change the format on how they assign numbers, the applicant will be in big trouble. Also, there is violation of the rule on the face of it.

There are many thieves who never get caught, but the day one is caught, it is only him who faces the repercussions

A few weeks will not matter, especially in one of your most important decisions of your life.

Thanks for your input

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I guess we'll find out if this is a problem. There are a few ways I see this going

1. The application is rejected for misrepresentation
2. The application is approved

If the application is approved, I bet we'll see lots more people trying to skirt the rules and following this method. At some point, CIC will start to notice a pattern. They may choose to do nothing, but it's more likely that they will crack down on it somehow.

If they crack down on it, there's a chance that they could go back and look at other applications that were previously approved - and then you might have a problem if they cancel your application on grounds of misrepresentation.

Or you could get lucky and nothing happens.

Personally, I would decline the ITA, re-enter the pool, and get invited again. I don't want to move to a new country with this hanging over my head. Everyone has their own ethical and moral compass, however, so do you as you see fit. Just know that you have broken the rules, and while you might get away with it, you might also face repercussions.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
I guess we'll find out if this is a problem. There are a few ways I see this going

If the application is approved, I bet we'll see lots more people trying to skirt the rules and following this method. At some point, CIC will start to notice a pattern. They may choose to do nothing, but it's more likely that they will crack down on it somehow.

If they crack down on it, there's a chance that they could go back and look at other applications that were previously approved - and then you might have a problem if they cancel your application on grounds of misrepresentation.

Personally, I would decline the ITA, re-enter the pool, and get invited again. I don't want to move to a new country with this hanging over my head. Everyone has their own ethical and moral compass, however, so do you as you see fit. Just know that you have broken the rules, and while you might get away with it, you might also face repercussions.
First of all your reply seems to suggest that "I" have broken rules, which I have not! The application belongs to my friend not myself (I am already PR) . Thanks for your input anyway.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
First of all your reply seems to suggest that "I" have broken rules, which I have not! The application belongs to my friend not myself (I am already PR) . Thanks for your input anyway.
No offense intended. Apologies for conflating you with your friend.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
It is wrong, unethical and a lie. If caught or reported be ready to be banned for 5 years (or probably life) from entering Canada. Honesty is more valuable than you think it is.
any update about your friend PPR?
Just wait for ECA. No need for doing all this.
Any update on LizzyBob's friend?

Sorry my reply is so late; my friend successfully got their PR approved without any issues (within 2 months of processing after submitting)

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Again the question is not whether someone did this and did not get caught or got caught, the point is that it was wrong and punishable per CIC rules. I am sure there are criminals and murderers in this world who got away from law but will you become a criminal just because someone got away? What you did is wrong, whether you will get caught or get away is immaterial.
It is misrepresentation. You may not find real cases because most don't risk this.

It is a plain misrepresentation because your friend claimed a Canadian equivalent for foreign education by himself before an actual authority did evaluation, and you also took undue advantage over other applicants who are waiting for the report.

It is not hard to catch at all. Better to avoid this.
Hi, please verify the dates of completion of WES report and the date your friend received ITA, if WES report date is even one day later after ITA, it can lead to rejection and misrepresentation, please do ask around this forum a bit before submitting the application, there would be experts who could help, good luck

Forgot to reply to this thread years ago, my friends application was successfully approved, without any issues.

Obviously it is not misrepresentation because his university qualifications are still the same regardless of the date when WES verifies it, he is still a bachelors degree holder either way. Misrepresentation would be if he claimed to have a higher degree than that

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Forgot to reply to this thread years ago, my friends application was successfully approved, without any issues.

Obviously it is not misrepresentation because his university qualifications are still the same regardless of the date when WES verifies it, he is still a bachelors degree holder either way. Misrepresentation would be if he claimed to have a higher degree than that
it would've been if his ECA was less than what he thought his diplomas would be which happens often

buddhikarox89

Mar 5, 2020
I’m
A friend of mine had paid for his WES report (the reference number issued after paying is usually the same as the final wes report#). So he used the reference number to create his express entry profile and put a random date of the report. Shortly afterwards, he received ITA and the WES report finally came in before the submission deadline (with the same reference number he had used). He then updated the wes report date in his profile to the correct one (this is very easy to do). However I am not sure if this could be a problem to CIC, since his WES report date comes after his ITA.

Does anyone here have REAL LIFE experience with this kind of situation? has anyone successfully done this and gotten PPR? can it lead to a rejection? Please share actual experiences here, if possible. Thanks
I’m in the same situation and do you think IRCC won’t question about this? Did your friend submit an LOE for this?