+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PPR but can I extend the 30 days limit

Jacaline

Aug 1, 2018
HI all,

We just received our PPR and it stated " You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa."

but my husband's passport is going to expired in 7.5 months. He is going to renew the passport next week but we are not staying at our country. He will need to go to embassy and they said will need 2- 3 months to get the new passport.

It is possible to extend the 30days til he get new passport? If yes, what should we do?
Anyone have similar situation before?

Thank you in advanced

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
HI all,

We just received our PPR and it stated " You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa."

but my husband's passport is going to expired in 7.5 months. He is going to renew the passport next week but we are not staying at our country. He will need to go to embassy and they said will need 2- 3 months to get the new passport.

It is possible to extend the 30days til he get new passport? If yes, what should we do?
Anyone have similar situation before?

Thank you in advanced
2-3 months is a long time. But you can raise a CSE via webform and explain your situation and see how much they are willing to accomodate. Another option is get COPR on existing passport, do a soft landing and then renew passport

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks. Then we will only 1.5 months from getting the PPR on our passport and do soft landing. :(
soft landing isn't included in the 30 days deadline. if you read the email they sent you in details it will tell you what to do in case you can't meet the deadline

Jacaline

Aug 1, 2018
but we need 6 months passport validation to come back to where we staying now. So I must return to my current place with 6 months passport expired date