+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PPR and caught up in petty criminal charge

cis12345co

Jun 3, 2010
Last February 2008 we have applied our Canada PR application in Philippines thru a Family-Sponsored Category. Last January 2010, my family moved to Singapore, and we received the Passport Request or PPR last May 15,2010 thru e-mail. But unfortunately I was caught up in a criminal case or petty on by just handling a "knife in the pocket" last May 5, 2010, which still now under court hearing.

As I read on some Canada immigration forums "once security clearance is completed, we will receive the PPR". Is this mean I could able to submit my passport to Canada Embassy-Philippines without declaring my present charge here in Singapore? So I wouldn't apply for rehabilitation.

Is there any possibilities that embassy in philippines may know or check my charges here in Singapore since I have completed and submitted my police clearances in Singapore before we received our PPR?

What should I do? Please help..

Hope you may help me in my dilemma.

steven2091965

May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11/20/2009
Med's Request
1/24/2010
Med's Done....
2/04/2010
Passport Req..
7/16/2010 a very big thanks
VISA ISSUED...
8/24/2010 Thanks God
LANDED..........
Visa will expire on Jan 28, 2011
that sounds pretty much complicated. And it will also complicates the processing of your application once you declare your case. On the other hand, if you do not declare there's a probability of checking your passport from where you visited last and they might conduct further investigation once it is noticed and on the luckier side there's a probability also that there's no more further security checks and your passport is ready for visa stamping. Hmm! any good suggestions from the members?

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
cis12345co said:
Last February 2008 we have applied our Canada PR application in Philippines thru a Family-Sponsored Category. Last January 2010, my family moved to Singapore, and we received the Passport Request or PPR last May 15,2010 thru e-mail. But unfortunately I was caught up in a criminal case or petty on by just handling a "knife in the pocket" last May 5, 2010, which still now under court hearing.

As I read on some Canada immigration forums "once security clearance is completed, we will receive the PPR". Is this mean I could able to submit my passport to Canada Embassy-Philippines without declaring my present charge here in Singapore? So I wouldn't apply for rehabilitation.

Is there any possibilities that embassy in philippines may know or check my charges here in Singapore since I have completed and submitted my police clearances in Singapore before we received our PPR?

What should I do? Please help..

Hope you may help me in my dilemma.
You are presumed innocent until you are proven guilty in courts. No record will appear against your name unless and until a conviction is rendered. Yes, security checks are done when PPR is requested. If I were in your shoe, I would send my passport for visa stamping at this time when there is no decision yet rendered to your case in Singapore. Only after the decision and only if found guilty, I would inform CIC about the conviction.

...I am not an expert...I suggest consult your case with an immigration lawyer...

cis12345co

Jun 3, 2010
Thanks, Aspire for the advice.

Sending my passport at this stage may not be possible as I'm currently in "bailed out" due to the fact that, the Singapore Law treats "carrying a knife in public" a very serious offense. :-[

My only option right now is to make my wife to move forward in our Canada application since she's the primary or main applicant. We have sent an inquiry email to the Canadian immigration if I could able to delay my passport submission and let my wife submit her's, but we were told to submit both of our passport, which will not be possible at this time.

So my question is this, Is it possible for the immigration to accept only one passport on a two-person or a couple PR application?

This is for the reason, I would like my wife to move forward as I'm fixing my case here since my case may take several months.

Any help or suggestions? I' gladly appreciate it.

cutemedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if u declare ur current status,they will wait for court decision and it might take some time.. now it depends on u if u want to take a chance or not.. better u dont declare ur current status and once u get ur passport,go to Canada,get Permanent resident card and come back to Singapore to clear ur case in court ! M not an expert,so better u take some legal advice also !