+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received portal 1 mail but have travel plan - Urgent guidance needed - Please help

Gauravraj

May 23, 2023
Need urgent help :
We got the Portal 1 mail to send the details, so that portal can be opened.
But we have already booked out tickets to India and are going for 3 weeks. (going after around 3 weeks) , so will be back roughly after more than a month from now.

Now since my TRV/WP will get expired if we accept the portal mail. we have two options:
1. respond to this email after we are back
2. Respond now and mention we are traveling out and will return on X date.

I think option 1 is not good enough because the total time frame is more than a month.
So does option 2 has some issues/ can it delay the process? Or can it have any other negative effect ?

Please guide

looking_for_username

Apr 4, 2023
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-05-2023
Explain them in the email about your travel plans. From what I've heard is they generally ask you to email them back as soon as you re-enter Canada, but hey, it would depend on the agent who is handling your file.

Reactions: cz999

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Option 2 should work fine. Generally don’t think there’s any negative impact.

Gauravraj

May 23, 2023
Explain them in the email about your travel plans. From what I've heard is they generally ask you to email them back as soon as you re-enter Canada, but hey, it would depend on the agent who is handling your file.
yes, so anyone you know who have similar situation or experienced the same , without any impact

amsicos98

Oct 10, 2023
Need urgent help :
We got the Portal 1 mail to send the details, so that portal can be opened.
But we have already booked out tickets to India and are going for 3 weeks. (going after around 3 weeks) , so will be back roughly after more than a month from now.

Now since my TRV/WP will get expired if we accept the portal mail. we have two options:
1. respond to this email after we are back
2. Respond now and mention we are traveling out and will return on X date.

I think option 1 is not good enough because the total time frame is more than a month.
So does option 2 has some issues/ can it delay the process? Or can it have any other negative effect ?

Please guide
What did you do? At the end?

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Why anyone has to make the case more complicated? Really? Pr is one of the most important thing and you guys can’t just wait for a few months to get it before travelling. I just don’t get it.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Why anyone has to make the case more complicated? Really? Pr is one of the most important thing and you guys can’t just wait for a few months to get it before travelling. I just don’t get it.
People have different reasons to travel. Some have emergencies, some are suffering from mental health and want to travel to relax, etc - who are we to judge. If they are following due processes and not doing anything to risk their PR, everything is okay.

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Similar situation. Just got my portal email to login. But have travel plans for a week within 30 days from today. Should i reply to the email with my situation?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
In a similar situation. I have COPR number updated on Tracker but not received Portal 1 mail yet. I have to travel out of Canada from Dec 9th to Jan 9th and have valid TRV/WP.

Need advise whether just receiving COPR number in tracker and Portal 1 does not mean that one has become PR status holder and I can indeed return on TRV status.