09-06-2019
Med's Done....
12-06-2019
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2020
Hello everyone,

I collected my passport today after 8 months.
But the PR visa already expired on Sept 09,2020.

If you are encountering same problem or have any ideas, please share

• Haha
Reactions: Phalos

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

I collected my passport today after 8 months.
But the PR visa already expired on Sept 09,2020.

If you are encountering same problem or have any ideas, please share
That's odd, was the delay in collecting on your side?

The expiry date is typically one year after the medical evaluation, so not unusual on that part, just wondering why it was there for eight months.

At any rate, I think you have two options:
1) Do not attempt to get it 'fixed' but apply for authorisation to travel as per this page on expired visa/coprs (this is covid-related):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Under the instructions you should do this when you are ready to _permanently_ resettle in Canada. And provide additional documentation, etc.

2) Go back to embassy and attempt to get one issued with a different expiry date. I've no idea whether they will even do this.

But: in both cases they MAY request a medical evaluation again (hopefully not).

My suggestion would be to determine when you wish to go to Canada and if you can and you wish to go relatively soon, go for the first option above. (That may be in fact be the only option and you may have trouble even getting anyone to respond about whether the second approach is possible).

Reactions: mines

mines

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Kathmandu
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
07-11-2019
AOR Received.
08-31-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
09-06-2019
Med's Done....
12-06-2019
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2020
That's odd, was the delay in collecting on your side?

The expiry date is typically one year after the medical evaluation, so not unusual on that part, just wondering why it was there for eight months.

At any rate, I think you have two options:
1) Do not attempt to get it 'fixed' but apply for authorisation to travel as per this page on expired visa/coprs (this is covid-related):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Under the instructions you should do this when you are ready to _permanently_ resettle in Canada. And provide additional documentation, etc.

2) Go back to embassy and attempt to get one issued with a different expiry date. I've no idea whether they will even do this.

But: in both cases they MAY request a medical evaluation again (hopefully not).

My suggestion would be to determine when you wish to go to Canada and if you can and you wish to go relatively soon, go for the first option above. (That may be in fact be the only option and you may have trouble even getting anyone to respond about whether the second approach is possible).
Thanks armoured for your sincere reply.
It was due to corona virus VFS operation suspension, they just opened last week.

As you have advised, I have already applied for written authorization to travel using a web form and also emailed them at: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

Hopefully they will reply back in few weeks.
My visa issue date was 20 march 2020 and expiry date was sept 09,2020
Its an Immigrant Visa under IM-1 category.

I will update in this group once I get a reply.

Reactions: armoured