+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received letters with varying information. DM and Interview

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
Hi all..

I received an email letter from CIC a couple of weeks ago with an appointment date for an interview with my spouse who is sponsoring. I had to rearrange the date as I work in a fly in and fly out industry and would not be in Vancouver at the time. They replied to say that when they are booking September dates they will be in touch and if I am back earlier let them know for an earlier appointment. All good...

But today I received another letter saying that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PM under spousal sponsorship. It said
" It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time."

Does this mean I no longer require an interview?

Also when I log into the online portal it says that I do jot require an interview yet, but a decision has not been made.

But again, when I just log in to check application status through the website it says "Decision Made"

A lot of mixed messages....anyone know what the story is?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi all..

I received an email letter from CIC a couple of weeks ago with an appointment date for an interview with my spouse who is sponsoring. I had to rearrange the date as I work in a fly in and fly out industry and would not be in Vancouver at the time. They replied to say that when they are booking September dates they will be in touch and if I am back earlier let them know for an earlier appointment. All good...

But today I received another letter saying that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PM under spousal sponsorship. It said
" It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time."

Does this mean I no longer require an interview?

Also when I log into the online portal it says that I do jot require an interview yet, but a decision has not been made.

But again, when I just log in to check application status through the website it says "Decision Made"

A lot of mixed messages....anyone know what the story is?

It's simply the AIP (approved in principle) email that you should've gotten before your first landing interview appointment. Not to worry, it happens

Reactions: karlos_macca