+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received letter from consulate for medical test, police clearance..

tubu123

Jun 20, 2008
Hi Friends,

I am new to this site and hope that I could get some input into my situation.

I had filed for PR in 2006 ,in march 2007 I ws requested for IELTS score of 7 as I was short of 2 points.I appeared twice and my score was 6.5 .I informed my attorneys of this and they told not to submit this score as it will cancel my file,and I should keep trying for 7.It was not possible for me to continue to appear for IELTS.So I resigned to my fate and thought that canada chapter is closed for me.I asked the lawyers to refund my fees if any and was told NO REFUND.

Yesterday I received a letter from consulate sying they have done the initial assesment and want me to submit medical test,police clearance,proof of funds .Does this mean they have overlooked my requirement for IELTS,or what.I talked to the lawyer and he told they may ask for the score later and then everything will be back to square 1,better to submit IELTS score.Is anyone in similar situation? We have to take a decision quickly,the lawyers want 662$ for the final phase. So we don't want to send medical.money and then denied visa at the end..

THANKS!!

CRP

Nov 20, 2007
I hope you can understand portuguese. This family went through the same thing. I hope it helps.

http://rio-canada.blogspot.com/2008/05/resumo-da-opera.html#links

CRP

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
y dnt u once last time try for an IELTS and aim seven points and re submit the documents.
dnt let the chance go away my friend.
dnt think of short term loss, think of long term gain.
go for it once more and i am sure u can do it.
god bless you :)
OCANADA :)

amoroso

Star Member
Jun 17, 2008
Are the request of police and medical coming from DETROIT or buffalo? As far as I know after the initial evaluation from Buffalo office they will forward it to your desired interview location (detroit or buffalo). If its coming from Detroit (forwarded docs from buffalo), most probably you have chance.

tubu123

Jun 20, 2008
It has come from Buffalo office,it is written u will most probably not be required for an interview .