+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received landing interview email, currently reside outside Canada

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
I wonder why CIC is back to taking interviews.

It would be nice to know what impact do these interviews have on applications (if at all).

Thoughts/comments are welcome.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
The_Dark_Knight said:
I wonder why CIC is back to taking interviews.

It would be nice to know what impact do these interviews have on applications (if at all).

Thoughts/comments are welcome.
I would say it's the same thing as done by the officers at the point of entry when landing. You just don't need to travel to the border, but doing your landing in the CIC office instead. They call it " Landing interview. This is how I see it.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
I differ, since people who are outside Canada are also being asked for this interview.
Even those who have already landed are getting landing interview mails.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
The_Dark_Knight said:
I differ, since people who are outside Canada are also being asked for this interview.
System glitch.

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
I replied to them that I cannot attend the interview as I am out of Canada and will do landing later. I have not received any response from them. I called CIC toll free number as well and the lady didnt help me much but told me that in case of any issue they will respond else they might not respond.

I had an interview scheduled for Friday (21st Nov) from 8 am which obviously i didn't attend. I am still wondering why I receive this mail and I didnt get any response back even after sending reply 2 times. I hope this does not effect my PR case. I have already receive COPR and PR visa.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
The_Dark_Knight said:
It may be because they have applied from within Canada and left while PR is in progress. Few might have updated their new address out of Canada and few may not and the computer system might be sending emails base on current address.

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
got the reply back:

if you plan on finalizing your application at the airport when you arrive to Canada you do not need to attend this interview today.
Have a safe flight to Canada

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
tarunkhetarpal said:
got the reply back:

if you plan on finalizing your application at the airport when you arrive to Canada you do not need to attend this interview today.
Have a safe flight to Canada
excellent info dude. thanks. one of my friend informed the same that he is planning to visit next week and they replied "Happy Landing!!!"

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Jumping in from Family Class, I applied Outland even though I am "visiting" within Canada and I received the same email for a landing interview in Etobicoke which is pretty unheard of for an Outland applicant. I happen to live pretty close to the office so I will go, it would actually be a lot more convenient for me than flagpoling at the border.