+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received email from Buffalo office

trackCEC

Jul 11, 2011
I applied for PR under CEC and the file was received at the Buffalo office on Jan 25, 2011. Today (July 29) I received email from Buffalo Immigration Section with file number and also in order to expedite the processing of my application, my file has been sent to Canadian Consulate General, Detroit. The Canadian Consulate General in Detroit will complete the analysis of my application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has my file.

What exactly is this? Is this my AOR? Transferring my file to Detroit is in any case will speed up the processing time? Could anybody say what would be the next and the time frame for medicals, sending the passport and to get PR status? Thanks a lot.

pranovic

Jul 27, 2011
I a new here too. We actually sent the files on the same day. I received AOR on Tuesday and I was notified that my files are transferred to LA today via email. Our medical request came on Tuesday as well. Not sure how long we have to wait though since we are a baby coming.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
trackCEC said:
I applied for PR under CEC and the file was received at the Buffalo office on Jan 25, 2011. Today (July 29) I received email from Buffalo Immigration Section with file number and also in order to expedite the processing of my application, my file has been sent to Canadian Consulate General, Detroit. The Canadian Consulate General in Detroit will complete the analysis of my application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has my file.

What exactly is this? Is this my AOR? Transferring my file to Detroit is in any case will speed up the processing time? Could anybody say what would be the next and the time frame for medicals, sending the passport and to get PR status? Thanks a lot.
Yes, that appears to be your AOR, but I've never seen a file transferred at the same time. I can't really tell you what to expect, because it seems like CIC is changing some of its procedures (hopefully will be faster for you than for those of us who applied last year)...

ankj

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes now CIC is directly sending the file transfer mail... not AOR... I think it is to do with the new Computer system under which they are generating file numbers starting with "E" not with "B".

manitha

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
bufflo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010 / 17-08-2011
Nomination.....
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
File Transfer...
to Ottawa-07/09/11- TO buffalo December-2011 Seattle 12-01-2012
Med's Request
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-11-2011
Interview........
hopes NO
Passport Req..
Waiting for 6 months
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
same thing is happened to my friend also,he got mail from buffalo after 2 weeks a e mail from LA stating that " Don;t enquiry for your status the visa office will contact you with in 90 days"

Kismat_Konnection

Oct 6, 2011
@trackCEC,

Can you please tell the status of your application? Did you hear back from Detroit after your file got transferred?

Kismat_Konnection

Oct 6, 2011
trackCEC said:

Can you please tell the status of your application? Did you hear back from Detroit after your file got transferred?