Received COPR papers and successfully landed connect here

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys would like to share the news. Yesterday I received my passport and CoPR.

I drove overnight to Rainbow bridge and did my landing. It took less than 20 minutes from entering through the U.S border to completing landing. Very fast. This is what happened at the Canadian border.

Gave me a yellow tag and asked me to park my car and take the yellow tag inside.

Officer took my passport and asked me to take a seat.

Called my name, and asked me for proof of address.

Then asked me for proof of funds (shocked. Didn't submit the total amount in my EE app :eek:)

Asked me to sign the papers.

We had a bit of chit chat and a laugh.

I was in my car driving back to Canada as a permanent resident. Quite emotional (obiviously happly). Nearly 8 years in this country and now finally one big hassle out of the way.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone in this forum. Helped me a lot. :)

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-man said:
Guys would like to share the news. Yesterday I received my passport and CoPR.

I drove overnight to Rainbow bridge and did my landing. It took less than 20 minutes from entering through the U.S border to completing landing. Very fast. This is what happened at the Canadian border.

Gave me a yellow tag and asked me to park my car and take the yellow tag inside.

Officer took my passport and asked me to take a seat.

Called my name, and asked me for proof of address.

Then asked me for proof of funds (shocked. Didn't submit the total amount in my EE app :eek:)

Asked me to sign the papers.

We had a bit of chit chat and a laugh.

I was in my car driving back to Canada as a permanent resident. Quite emotional (obiviously happly). Nearly 8 years in this country and now finally one big hassle out of the way.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone in this forum. Helped me a lot. :)
Congrats! Were you FSW or CEC?

Edit: Never mind, I see in a previous post you said inland FSW. Was wondering if they asked you for PoF even though you were CEC but you're FSW so all good.

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fitztorious said:
Congrats! Were you FSW or CEC?

Edit: Never mind, I see in a previous post you said inland FSW. Was wondering if they asked you for PoF even though you were CEC but you're FSW so all good.
But I didn't submit the minimum amount required in my EE profile. That is what got me surprised :eek:

tm1986

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So for FSW landing we need to have 15k odd in our bank accounts in case they ask for proof of funds while landing ?

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I have a quick question.

While filling in my ee profile/application, i chose Victoria, BC as my destination then and this is what has been put on my COPR. Now I have changed my destination to Calgary, Alberta instead and should be landing in less than a week.

I am outland FSW and so not tied to any province.

Do you think it will pose a problem that the destination on my copr is different from where I am actually landing? I think not tho but just thot to re-confirm that.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
I guess all the posts are by the folks inside Canada already, is there anyone doing it from the US side and then coming back ?

johnwick32

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 7
Landed successfully in rainbow bridge today: Grin

Just to share my experience at the border:

1.Enter to US border, then check my passport and copr. Officer ask me what's my citizenship.
2. Officer ask me to park my car and wait an officer. (Never step out on my car)
3. Officer check my passport and ask what's my purpose( I said for PR landing in Canada)
4. Officer filled up a piece of paper. He just wrote my name, passport number, purpose and plate number of my car.
5. Officer ask to follow him, open the exit gate and hand me the filled up paper.( I said: thank you sir)
6. Enter a toll gate going Canada border ( just beside where I exit) paid toll fee.
7. Enter Canada border, hand over passport and copr. Office ask me where I live( said my address) and ask me again( is everything you own in Canada?( I said yes).
8. Officer gave a piece of paper then ask me to park and go inside the office.
9. Officer took my passport and copr, sit and wait to be called.
10. Officer ask me proof of ID,ask me if I am working, job and employer. Ask if I ever been convicted of any criminal charges and refuse to enter Canada.
11. Ask me to read and sign the copr.
12. Officer signed copr and stamped my passport.Landed successfully.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Hopefulguy said:
Hi guys,

I have a quick question.

While filling in my ee profile/application, i chose Victoria, BC as my destination then and this is what has been put on my COPR. Now I have changed my destination to Calgary, Alberta instead and should be landing in less than a week.

I am outland FSW and so not tied to any province.

Do you think it will pose a problem that the destination on my copr is different from where I am actually landing? I think not tho but just thot to re-confirm that.
It will not be a problem.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
EmmEmm said:
I guess all the posts are by the folks inside Canada already, is there anyone doing it from the US side and then coming back ?
From a legal standpoint, there's no difference.

From a procedural standpoint, there's the issue of car exporting before import. It's a real pain to fix that later. Keep the list of goods to follow.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
kateg said:
From a legal standpoint, there's no difference.

From a procedural standpoint, there's the issue of car exporting before import. It's a real pain to fix that later. Keep the list of goods to follow.
there is a difference. I need to have a valid US visa to enter. Right now, my Visa is expired and I am working in the US on my extended petition. If I go out of the country then I have to get a new Visa stamped. and the Canada visa is a single entry visa so not sure the implications of going back again into Canada.

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Hello everyone,

Couple of queries on PR:

1. How long is PR valid for?
2. I understand that there is a requirement to stay for 2 years in Canada to extend the PR status. How easy/difficult is it to extend the PR after expiry if you just fulfil the 2 year requirement of stay in Canada.

Please ignore if the above questions seem out of context.

Thanks,
caimi

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need help,

I am on an implied status and going to do flag pole at the US - Canada border by next week, I know that the officers will ask me for my status in Canada. Can I landing with implied status? I have already applied for the Bridging Open Work Permit and still waiting for the result. PLEASE help.

Thank You and much appreciated.

vancitychris

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received COPR Friday morning, 2 hours later was at the border at the Peace Arch and have landed as a PR.
Border was fine, couple of standard questions, 20 mins later returned with signed forms and 2 souvenir flags and said welcome to Canada.

tm1986

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone fill up a form for PR card during the landing process? I was just asked to give proof of address.

Feb 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-07-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2015
Hi

Is Proof of Fund necessary in any specific format or is it okay to take last month statement