terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
business-mgr said:
Hi there,

Why is flagpoling required in the first place? If one is already in Canada and have recieved the COPR, isn't that it? I understand a PR card is still rquired to travel outside and re-enter Canada and there is a separate process to apply for a PR card. Is flagpoling done to expedite the issuance of PR card? Apologies if it is a dumb question but I thought it is better to ask than to be ignorant.
You are not required to to flagpole - you can make appointment in the CIC office in big cities. The waiting time is quite long these days though.

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, without signed COPR, you cannot work legally

sweet pea

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2-15
Doc's Request.
SCHEDULE A IMM5669 24-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
hello, i'm going to FLAGPOLE tomorrow, what else should i bring aside from PASSPORT and COPR? Did anyone here went to Carway?

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.. am an outlander and have DM on ecas , called up CIX yesterday and found out that my app is approved. While CIC takes time to send the ppr can I preemptively write them to have the visa printing arranged at the local VO ?

sweet pea

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2-15
Doc's Request.
SCHEDULE A IMM5669 24-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
ullu_ka_pattha said:
Hello.. am an outlander and have DM on ecas , called up CIX yesterday and found out that my app is approved. While CIC takes time to send the ppr can I preemptively write them to have the visa printing arranged at the local VO ?
you have to be patient enough to wait for it. it's all DM already so no need to worry in my own sight

kambal82

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Celpip-14/04/15 and sched A/seamansbook-20-07/15
AOR Received.
13-04-15
Med's Request
12-03-15
Med's Done....
30-04-15
Passport Req..
23-07-15
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-15
LANDED..........
19-08-15
sweet pea said:
hello, i'm going to FLAGPOLE tomorrow, what else should i bring aside from PASSPORT and COPR? Did anyone here went to Carway?
I went to Coutts and it was an awesome experienced coz Carway has a bit bad image to other immigrants who landed there. I just brought my current work permit as additional docs but they actually asked for it but if you don't no worries not a big deal also coz it's already on their system.

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed in yesterday at Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) early in the morning. No traffic, no rush. The whole process went real smooth. The CBSA officers didnt ask for any additional dox. Just my passport and COPR. Waited for around 15-20 minutes. Signed a copy of my COPR in front of the CBSA officer which was then attached to my passport. Officer said now I can use that copy of COPR they attached to my passport to get a new permanent SIN # and OHIP. He also said I cannot travel outside of North America using COPR. I need a travel document in order to travel (while waiting for PR card). He mentioned that I can drive down to the states and can enter back into canada via land using the copy of COPR. No problems there.

The process overall was smooth and quick.

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hello Guys,

Quick question.. I know it has been asked a lot and I have been researching a lot too. I know COPR is not a travel document, However, I still have a valid TRV that can bring me back to Canada.
The question is, Can I leave Canada for 1 week and use my TRV to board the flight to Canada and use my COPR to enter after explaining to the officer that I had to leave Canada urgently for 1 week before I get my PR card?

Your help will be so much appreciated..

Cheers

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Joining the thread :)

One quick question, I'm from a visa-exempt country. Will do my "landing" directly at an international airport. My flight has a stop in Seattle, WA.
Will the airline allow me to embark on my flight from Seattle to Victoria, BC with just my CoPR (not yet signed nor activated) and passport ?
Or do I need something else to show the airline ?

Should I just "pretend" I'm flying to Canada as a visitor only (visa-exempt), so I don't encounter any issue with the airline ?
Travel documents are only for people who already "landed" and activated their permanent residence, which is not my case. Plus, I'm from a visa-exempt country.

I'm just a bit confused with the "landing" part when done through a commercial airline at an international airport :-\
Heard so many stories of airline forbidding to embark on the flight...

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who will contribute in an answer ! ;)

samcan2015

Feb 16, 2015
Which US border is better Coutts or Carway? I am from Calgary.
if you are implied status? what documents I should take with me?

Thanks

arleneramiro

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
To those who already landed, did your eCAS changed to anything or just decision made? I've read some would have another line that would say " You landed at .....on a certain date". I landed last aug 21 and my eCAS still says a decision has been made.....

s1d3w4y5

Jan 8, 2014
KaydenB said:
Joining the thread :)

One quick question, I'm from a visa-exempt country. Will do my "landing" directly at an international airport. My flight has a stop in Seattle, WA.
Will the airline allow me to embark on my flight from Seattle to Victoria, BC with just my CoPR (not yet signed nor activated) and passport ?
Or do I need something else to show the airline ?

Should I just "pretend" I'm flying to Canada as a visitor only (visa-exempt), so I don't encounter any issue with the airline ?
Travel documents are only for people who already "landed" and activated their permanent residence, which is not my case. Plus, I'm from a visa-exempt country.

I'm just a bit confused with the "landing" part when done through a commercial airline at an international airport :-\

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who will contribute in an answer ! ;)
You should be fine being honest. The whole idea is that the airline ensures that they are not transporting someone that they will be forced to repatriate at their expense.

As you're from a visa-exempt country, they don't carry that risk.

After all, you have to be able to enter the country to activate your CoPR somehow.

Depending on from where you're flying, my bet is that they won't even ask you or that the airline staff will take one look at your CoPR and wish you all the best.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
KaydenB said:
Your CoPR is not a travel document. As such, your ability to travel will be the same as it would be with your passport.

You shouldn't need to pretend anything. We just flew back to Canada from the states. The check-in system refused us (due to us not providing a date to leave Canada), and it said to ask the agent. The agent hit the "visa exempt" button, and everything went on as normal.

This is correct. You don't need one.

Since the CoPR changes nothing, the travel is exactly the same as if you didn't have it. If you need a visa, you still need a visa. If you don't, you don't.

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Thank y'all so much to all the precious answers to my questions :)
Can't wait to land now ! :D

bbleng1001

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
esantos said:
Alright guys, all done with my landing.

Where do I start tho?! :-\

So... I live in Toronto and did some research on which border would be best for landing. The closest and best place, according to old and fairly new threads in Canada Visa forum, is Fort Erie (Peace Bridge). It's about 2hrs drive from Toronto, considering traffic. Not too bad.

So I went there today (Friday, August 7). Many users pointed out that in this specific border you are not required to actually go to the US, you have the option of taking a "u-turn" before entering the bridge to go to US (it actually says "Return here for Canada border office"), and so I did. I took the u-turn and headed straight back to the Canadian border. At the gate I had no issues, the officer asked me where I was coming from, so I said "Toronto, I took the u-turn", he was ok with that. I explained that I was there to do the flag-pole. So he directed me to the immigration office. Inside the building, I waited in line. After about 20min in line, I got to speak to the officer. He said I should not have taken the u-turn and that I had to take another u-turn, but this time go back to the bridge and enter the US, and then come back to do the flag-pole. He asked me at that point why I didn't book it at my local Immigration Office (in Toronto) and I explained that by booking it takes about 2 months to get an appointment and I needed me PR card asap cuz I wanted to go home for Christmas. He said "oh ok! makes sense!!".

I went back to the bridge and got to the US border office. They provided me a white paper with the refusal of entry (which I didn't want to get but they said it was ok, it wouldn't be in my records that I had an entry refused... not sure if I believe in this hahah) and headed back to the Canadian border. This time I had to wait another 20-30min in line. the officer called me. she was, somewhat, friendly. Didn't seem very interested on doing my flag-pole, but I guess she took it as "it's my job, so whatever..". She asked me why I didn't book an appointment with a local immigration office, and again I answered the same answer previously given to another officer. She said "you could have done your flag-pole when coming back from your country, after Christmas then...". She took about 25min, doing something on the computer. Didn't ask me any questions, didn't say anything. then she says "Oh, how many PR applications do you have?" I answered just one. "She said, I see 2 in the system". So I figured she was talking about the one from last year, returned due to the cap being filled. I explained that to her and she was ok with it. After some time she transferred me to another officer. It took another 45min. He asked me the statutory questions. Asked for proof of funds (and he said "You were smart to bring the proof of funds, otherwise we would be all over the place now"). Asked me to sign both COPRs Explained that the card will be mailed within 6 to 8 weeks. Congratulated and welcomed me to Canada. Overall the officers were friendly and nice.

That was my experience doing the flag-pole at Fort Erie - Peace Bridge.

(sorry about the long post guys :-[ :-X)
It was very helpful. So what the female office means is that you can go back to your country first and do the landing when you come back to Canada? Is there a expire date for the landing paper?