Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
My visa was refused under non spp for the second time and the reason given was "your proposed program is not reasonable in light of: Your qualification, previous studies, employment, level of establishment and future prospects and plans".

I applied for caips, in that it is written
"File reviewed. Considering previous academic performance, relevance of the proposed course of study and taking into account factors such as travel history, personal establishment and ties to home country, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada and would depart Canada at the end of period authorized to stay. Application refused."

Travel history -
In jan-2018 i went to Kenya on visitor visa for 15 days. Nothing else.

My profile:-
10th - 6.6 cgpa
12th - 48% PCM - 53% Overall
Bachelor's in Aircraft Engineering - 78% NO backlog
Ielts - 7.0 bands not less than 6.5.
Course - Aviation Operations (2-Year Dip.)
College - Seneca College
1-year college fee and GIC paid. F.D'S and ITR Shown.

Any suggestions on it?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Could also be that the course, aviation operations, seems biased towards eventually working in Canadian aviation operations so maybe the VO could not see how that would useful in your home country. Then again that’s just how I am reading the prospectus , it is the VO that you need to convince.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
My visa was refused under non spp for the second time and the reason given was "your proposed program is not reasonable in light of: Your qualification, previous studies, employment, level of establishment and future prospects and plans".

"File reviewed. Considering previous academic performance, relevance of the proposed course of study and taking into account factors such as travel history, personal establishment and ties to home country, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada and would depart Canada at the end of period authorized to stay. Application refused."

Travel history -

10th - 6.6 cgpa
College - Seneca College

Any suggestions on it?
What did you do after your bachelors? Was there a gap? Did you change jobs? Was your job good enough to be considered a strong tie to your country? You have to tell us these things. Furthermore, your early education puts you in a weak position as the percentage isn't good. Applying for a diploma is again a mistake. The Visa officer is looking for a progression in education such as the applicant has a bachelors degree and now wants to pursue a masters degree which is a good step in the progression however a diploma doesn't have the same value hence most of the applicants who apply for diploma courses gets refused since it is easier to get into a diploma program than a masters one. So my advice is to provide us with the information i have requested above and go for a Masters which would make more sense than a diploma.

Reactions: Johnsnow 007

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

Travel history -

10th - 6.6 cgpa
College - Seneca College

Any suggestions on it?

Despite few people having been fortunate of getting an approval with doing a Diploma after a Bachelor, it isn't advisable and not seen as a logical progression. Actually, your Diploma is a big part that sold you out.

Those few that got an approval of a Diploma after a Bachelor was able to intuitively convince the VO in their SOP to what reasons led to it and the reasons must be strong like a rock which I THIINK you didn't do

In as much as most people applying for a SP doubt's or underrate the power of an SOP is something really alarming, there is a forum member who got an approval within the week has an average previous academic performance and low IELTS scores but was able to justify it in his SOP with a strong backing of reasonable points which I think also you don't do

You travel history is just a bonus for wasting the VO's time as most refused applicants gets it a lot.

in your next reapplication, try to show concrete evidence of home ties rating from Social ties(families) and economic ties(investments, properties, and employment and leave letter etc)

I see you've been refused twice under the non SPP category, try reapplying next under SPP

Your case needs the knowledgeable expertise of a remarkable written SOP to strongly convince the VO

feel free to send your caips to johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

Last edited:

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
@Bs65 thank you for your response @hussainkestrel no gap no job. applied after bachelor's @Johnsnow 007 thank you for explaining bro. spp? isn't it for first timers only? I applied under spp 1st time and second time under non spp.

I don't want to go for master's as in masters they teach aerospace engineering which is a bit off track to what i studied. and PG isn't offered.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
@Bs65 thank you for your response @hussainkestrel no gap no job. applied after bachelor's @Johnsnow 007 thank you for explaining bro. spp? isn't it for first timers only? I applied under spp 1st time and second time under non spp.

I don't want to go for master's as in masters they teach aerospace engineering which is a bit off track to what i studied. and PG isn't offered.
now I get you, thought you applied applied twice under non spp

you can always go for masters and when you get there, you can switch to your preferred program