+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received biometrics payment email - is this a scam? Express entry Oct AOR

zoom2digital

Mar 2, 2023
Yes i did it too..and i also attached a letter of explanation with all the details just to be safe,...

Last edited:

ajaykedia1992

Oct 21, 2023
I got an email for the confirmation that you submitted the biometric through our web form but it didn’t update in my IRCC account.

ajaykedia1992

Oct 21, 2023
i got it when i submitted from https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application? but not when i submitted in the webform mentioned in the attachment they sent. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/confirmation-eng.aspx
what was your email heading which you got from IRCC. I have weird number "E-01-10200-10209-Update or ask about your application: Add a document to your application-Permanent Residence-Express Entry"? What is this number - E-01-10200-10209? This is not application number for me

Not sure what are these number. Did the biometrics update in your profile??

Hector2318

Dec 12, 2023
Did anyone received Biometric letters after making payment and updating the webform? The webform link shared in the letter says that this is the updated webform and they removed comment section for some queries. I did submit the webform with receipt on 10 Dec, no confirmation email or Biometric letter in profile.

ajaykedia1992

Oct 21, 2023
Did anyone received Biometric letters after making payment and updating the webform? The webform link shared in the letter says that this is the updated webform and they removed comment section for some queries. I did submit the webform with receipt on 10 Dec, no confirmation email or Biometric letter in profile.
What’s the webform you used ? Can you share the link

ajaykedia1992

Oct 21, 2023
IRCC didn't provide any update yet. I submitted in as soon as I got the email. But didn't receive the letter yet. I checked my biometrics too and it's valid till 2032. Not sure why are they asking again

Hector2318

Dec 12, 2023
There was always Biometrics requirement for PR application no matter if one had done for work permit or visitor visa earlier because the application type is different. It was suspended due to covid delays till June 14 of this year and then they asked to do biometric again for applicants who are getting AOR after June 14, 2023.

Dec 14, 2023
I just got an email from IRCC saying they have added my new document (the biometrics receipt) to the file and they also said if I had any questions about the process to fill out another webform. I'm wondering if I should fill that out and ask them when I will be getting my biometrics letter to get them sorted out. I hope this doesn't delay our applications.

UPDATE: I looked in these forums, seems like you only receive the biometrics letter when they actually start analyzing your case, which seems to be around 3/3.5 months after submitting the application. So I don't think we will be receiving the letter so soon but at least it seems this won't cause any delays and we should have the normal processing times.

Last edited:

Hector2318

Dec 12, 2023
Same here, I got the email as well that my payment for Biometrics is received. At this point we can only wait, earlier people were getting Biometric payment letter just before 90 days after submitting their profile. Even though we received the payment email early but looks like it will take same time for us to get the Biometric letter i.e. around 90 days.