Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi Guys,
I got an email from CPP Ottawa asking for passport and pay rprf fees to Detroit office. I am here in Canada. I have following questions.

1. email says to pay RPRF of $490.00 in US or Canadian dollars to . I assume calculation is $490.00 (principle applicant) + $490.00 (spouse)=$980.00 (dependents are excluded). Is my calculation correct?

2. Also letter says to pay rprf to “Canadian Consulate General” in the form of money order, certified cheque or bank draft. But when visited Detroit Cosulate's website:

If paying in US funds, make your payment instrument payable to the Consulate General of Canada (or, if applying in Washington, to the Embassy of Canada). Payment in US funds by bank draft or certified cheque must be drawn on a bank located in the United States.
If paying in Canadian funds, make your payment i nstrument payable to the Receiver General for Canada. Payment in Canadian funds by bank draft or certified cheque must bedrawn on a bank located in Canada.
Print your name on the back of the bank draft.

Here I am confused whether whether to follow email or website for rprf payble. Please, note that I am planing on paying rprf in Canadian dollars.

3. Myself and my spouse are Indian citizens but our daughter is US citizen, so as per email only passport copy is needed for people who don't need Canadian visa. So does it mean that I have to sent my daughter's passport copy and not the original passport?

Thanks for you advice in advance.

Regards,
Canadabie.

itiswell

Oct 27, 2012
Hello Canadabie,
Congrats on ur ppr. my apologies that I can't answer ur questions specifically(though I think you should raise a bank draft in CAD IFO Receiver General of Canada and send ur daughter's original passport). I have some questions of my own. I sent u a pm awhile ago but got no replies from u. I had the same issue with ur dependent(medical) and I wanted to know how long the whole process took. your posting of ur ppr is giving me quite a ray of hope .please how can I contact u? can u send me a pm with ur email address? I'l be most grateful.thanks. and congrats once again.

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.