+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recd Passport request

vicky_m

Nov 13, 2007
I have got ppt request today. My AOR is Aug 2007 Buffalo. This was quick. Never expected this quick. My wife got positive pregancy test 2 weeks back. The due is Feb 2009. The passport request document say you need to land in Canada prior to the birth. I am confused. This means that I will have to go this year to Canada where as I thought I would go after the new born's birth. I am on H1B extensions.

How much time it takes to get PR after landing in canada? Can I Land in Canada and come back within week. How about any formalities at the border while returning to USA with valid I-94.

Gurus please advise.
Thanks in advance...

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Congratulations Vicky_M

That was fast!!!

I understand you want your child to also have the US citizenship option. I am sure you have no problem to be worried about. many of my friends landed in canada and were able to start traveling around the world within 2 weeks of landing. You will be able to get all your PR identification in 2-3 weeks of landing. I suggest you land as soon as possible and get this done. I am on H1 myself and have been to ottawa and toronto to renew my H1 a couple of times. there was no problem at all. I believe your child will get the canadian PR through you even if he/she was born in the US. You simply have to file for him/her through the family class. Plus, as a US citizen, she may be able to live with you in Canada during the time that the application will be pending.

Congrats! and wish us on the queue luck.

If you don't mind, what continent are you from? Your application seem so FAST!

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
vicky_m said:
Thanks. I am from India and working in USA in the IT field.
hi vicky_m, just curious what kind of IT job do you do in the USA to be able to get an expedited FSW application? I guess the H1-B visa also helps a lot.

thanks...