App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Hi guys! I have a quick question for you.

I'm looking to export/import my car soon. I just went to the local car dealership here in Canada to get the Recall Clearance Letter. They checked their computer system to make sure there weren't any outstanding recalls on the car. Then, they gave me a 1 line letter typed in Word on company letter head that stated that the car did not have any outstanding recalls, and noting the cars VIN number (which the guy double checked against the title).

They also gave me a receipt for the letter from their database with all my vehicle information, and the "Case" Says "Recall Clearance Letter - No Open Recalls at this time"

Will this be enough for the RIV?

Thanks guys!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quakingaspen said:
Hi guys! I have a quick question for you.

I'm looking to export/import my car soon. I just went to the local car dealership here in Canada to get the Recall Clearance Letter. They checked their computer system to make sure there weren't any outstanding recalls on the car. Then, they gave me a 1 line letter typed in Word on company letter head that stated that the car did not have any outstanding recalls, and noting the cars VIN number (which the guy double checked against the title).

They also gave me a receipt for the letter from their database with all my vehicle information, and the "Case" Says "Recall Clearance Letter - No Open Recalls at this time"

Will this be enough for the RIV?

Thanks guys!
Here is what RIV says, so it is your decision.

Acceptable forms of recall clearance documentation

RIV will accept any of the following recall clearance information:

A letter from the vehicle manufacturer’s U.S. or Canadian head office.

The letter must be written on company letterhead clearly stating that there are no outstanding recalls for the vehicle. If the manufacturer's logo does not appear on the letter, it will be rejected. The letter must be dated and signed by an authorized employee of the manufacturer and include their name and title, the vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make and model. RIV routinely forwards a copy of these letters to the manufacturer for authentication.
A printout from an American or Canadian dealership’s vehicle service database.

This document must be produced by an authorized dealer and not a reseller. You can confirm whether or not a dealership is authorized by visiting the manufacturer’s web site or by calling their head office and providing them with the dealership’s location. The printout must also contain the 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make and model, and indicate that there are no outstanding recalls. RIV routinely forwards a copy of these printouts to the manufacturer for authentication.
Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) web site.

Some manufacturers post their recall information on their public web sites specific to the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This recall information will be accepted subject to verification by RIV.