+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for RQ?

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Msafiri

I'm not sure i understand your point about land borders. When someone crosses to/from US they have to stop their car /bike for by a stationed officer. If this officer (including a US officer) took the PR card(s) and swiped like you swipe your visa. How much more cost and effort this requires? or even better people could swipe their cards before hand (i.e. check in advance) and surely not every one has to do the extra step. With technology no solution is too far.

i may not be in rush personally. I will eventually get citizenship. Two things that concerns/bother me:

1)they cancel our applications later because of the backlog ( similar to what they did with PR applications) and 2) i have alot of sympathy for people who have no other Proper passport/travel document that they can use to visit their over 75 years old parents . These people feel they are in prison.. are being held hostages because of a potentially stupid regflag such as "you renewed your passport in your home country and you still claim you were here?" ( as if people cannot mail their home country passports to their families to renew for them). I am sympathetic to those who lose good job advancement opportunities e.g. because of difficulties in getting visas using their home country passports or because the job requires citizenship.

How much extra effort does it involve the officer to include the reasons they someone a RQ? if there is a misunderstanding of some sort, the applicant can help to clarify. Currently CIC relies on consultants to help them process applications. Those consultants charge their time and it is in their best interest to make the review process indefinite.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
citizentt said:
I just wanted to start this useful topic......

From your experience, What are the reasons that anyone may receive RQ (before and after the test)?

If you can mention specific cases, this will be great
what can trigger RQ? any thoughts?
thanks.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Msafiri said:
Australia's key advantage is being an island - its easier to monitor air passenger traffic flow..mostly as the responsibility can be passed on to the airlines as part of the check in process.
Does this mean that flying from Canada is recorded somehow?

Thanks

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adame said:
Does this mean that flying from Canada is recorded somehow?

Thanks
i believe they can get the information from the airlines if they placed someone under invistigation

NS_SJ

May 6, 2013
Hello,

I got RQ for my Citizenship application and want to know the following.

1. I do not have rent receipts, so what can I do for that?

2. How to get the health records? I have lived in 2 provinces. (NB and currently NS). How to obtain this one? Do I really need to submit the health records, I am asking this because, I have not used any medical facility in Canada from the day I arrived here.

Currently, I live in NS and my application is processed at the Halifax CIC office.

Could you somebody help me in this regard please.

Thank you very much in advance.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi NS_SJ,

If you have paid rent with cheques you can get copies of cheques from your bank,attach them with the lease agreement. If rent was paid by pre-authorization and deducted automatically from your account, you can have the bank statement and highlight the rent payments.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
A number of things actually:
1. frequent travel within specified period combined with being self-employed or being unemployed
2. fake residential addresses
3. obtaining IDs within 3 months of submitting application
4. date of entry to Canada on application form differs from that in CIC database
5. CBSA travel records differ from those in application
6. quality assurance (to ensure program integrity). This is could explain why applicants that have not left Canada in 4 or more years could still get RQ. On the balance of probabilities and evidence submitted, an officer could be satisfied that they meet the requirements. However, to confirm that this is in fact true, they still issue an RQ. :D
7. This one is just my personal opinion(I have no proof, so don't quote me) - frequently calling CIC call centre and asking about/freaking out about the possibility of a RQ, anxious about an RQ on the day of the test, etc. That doesn't mean you still won't get RQ if you don't worry. But which of us by being anxious can change the outcome? :p

Suin said:
what can trigger RQ? any thoughts?
thanks.