+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I had two day gap between job 1 and job 2. First job ended on November 7. Unemployed Nov 8 and 9, joined next job on November 10. So do I need three entries in personal history here just with November as month?

Sep 2008 - Nov 2014 - Job 1..
November 2014 - November 2014 unemployed. November 2014 to till now job 2

Is this how it needs to be?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
BillHyatt said:
Is it mandatory in Work Letter to have a company website mentioned?
No, it is not. The instructions are as follows:

"The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
DEEPCUR said:
I had two day gap between job 1 and job 2. First job ended on November 7. Unemployed Nov 8 and 9, joined next job on November 10. So do I need three entries in personal history here just with November as month?

Sep 2008 - Nov 2014 - Job 1..
November 2014 - November 2014 unemployed. November 2014 to till now job 2

Is this how it needs to be?
Hi Deepcur,

The two days of unemployment are really insignificant and I wouldn't mention them if there is a way of not doing so. Otherwise, the way you have done is correct.

All the best

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
hi, Can i pay my RPRF fee after a month of AOR ? If not then how much delay it may occur usually after they ask for the RPRF fee ?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KRahman said:
hi, Can i pay my RPRF fee after a month of AOR ? If not then how much delay it may occur usually after they ask for the RPRF fee ?
If you did not pay it upfront then once you've passed the first review A11.2 (basically as soon as you file is transferred to LVO) you'll be asked to pay. You can't pay this BEFORE you've been asked for it.

As far as the delay it's very difficult to say, it very much depends on your case, but most people seem to think that it can delay your processing form 1 week to 1 month.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,

I have 3 work experiences. While submitting application (before ITA) I entered no of hours per week as 40 for all three experiences.
Though for one job, it was 40 hours per week, for remaining two it was 45 hours. However, I conservatively entered 40 hours for all three as some employers dont want to put beyond given number of hours as u cant make an employee work beyond fixed no . of hours due to govt regulations, though practically it is not done.

Then I received my ITA. I got my experience letters for all my employers. The two employers for which I put in 40 hours earlier, have issued me 45 hours per week as per my actual time spent in office.

I amended it in final application to 45 hours (matching with the work experience certificate), made the payment and have received AOR.

However i did not provide an explanation for same as it was not going to affect my score. However reading the forum now , i feel that I should have explained it in LOE and feeling scared now.

Is there anything that cud be done now considering i have already received AOR or can I neglect it?

Thanks

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Tikhe0001 said:
Friends,

I have 3 work experiences. While submitting application (before ITA) I entered no of hours per week as 40 for all three experiences.
Though for one job, it was 40 hours per week, for remaining two it was 45 hours. However, I conservatively entered 40 hours for all three as some employers dont want to put beyond given number of hours as u cant make an employee work beyond fixed no . of hours due to govt regulations, though practically it is not done.

Then I received my ITA. I got my experience letters for all my employers. The two employers for which I put in 40 hours earlier, have issued me 45 hours per week as per my actual time spent in office.

I amended it in final application to 45 hours (matching with the work experience certificate), made the payment and have received AOR.

However i did not provide an explanation for same as it was not going to affect my score. However reading the forum now , i feel that I should have explained it in LOE and feeling scared now.

Is there anything that cud be done now considering i have already received AOR or can I neglect it?

Thanks
You're fine! It's all about what you're claiming points for and since you only need 30 hours per week to claim points for WE and you've put down 40 and it's actually 45 you're fine.

Tanu1856

Oct 16, 2016
I had three employment letters from three different employers. In one of them employer mentioned only month and year of my start and end date. Other two letter have exact dates. Will this be a problem? I have attached pay stubs, T4's and NOA's with them as well.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Although I changed the necessary areas accordingly, I used the same template to get reference letters from my previous employers. Would it be a problem?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
Although I changed the necessary areas accordingly, I used the same template to get reference letters from my previous employers. Would it be a problem?
Of course it would. If the employers are different companies how on earth in your opinion could they possibly use the same templates to provide the references to their employees?

Don't forget that technically it's HR who writes those letters, not you.

It will look really suspicious if the content is the same but the employers are different.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Dedicated said:
Of course it would. If the employers are different companies how on earth in your opinion could they possibly use the same templates to provide the references to their employees?

It will look really suspicious if the content is the same but the employers are different.
I understand. It is hard to get those reference letters, nobody wants to spend their time for such a thing. Especially if it is an employer I worked with years ago. The new manager doesn't even know me anymore. :)

So, even LOE wouldn't be enough huh?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
I understand. It is hard to get those reference letters, nobody wants to spend their time for such a thing. Especially if it is an employer I worked with years ago. The new manager doesn't even know me anymore. :)

So, even LOE wouldn't be enough huh?
If I were you I would submit different template for each company's HR's revision.
There are tons of samples all over the internet.

LoE has nothing to do with your situation.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
mhbin said:
So long as HR has signed and stamped the letters and there is someone there to confirm the information if IRCC should call up to verify that I don't see a problem.

Dedicated said:

Your point is valid, but outside of Canada IRCC can't expects companies to spontaneously come up with all the information IRCC requires. They must realize that each country has a specific culture and at the end of the day the employee is the one who will practically dictate what HR need to write in the letters. On the other hand a company's HR dept is expected to stand by what they sign, so IRCC will expect then to verify the information if called upon.

If you have two letters that are exactly a like the worse that may happen is that the officer will call up the companies to verify... Unless who ever picks up the phone burns the employee, he should be fine.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Your point is valid, but outside of Canada IRCC can't expects companies to spontaneously come up with all the information IRCC requires. They must realize that each country has a specific culture and at the end of the day the employee is the one who will practically dictate what HR need to write in the letters. On the other hand a company's HR dept is expected to stand by what they sign, so IRCC will expect then to verify the information if called upon.

If you have two letters that are exactly a like the worse that may happen is that the officer will call up the companies to verify... Unless who ever picks up the phone burns the employee, he should be fine.
Why risk it so much when you can come up with different templates? It's easy and safe.