+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
The 6 month rule is for PCCs issued by your current country of residence. For all other countries, as a general rule, you need PCCs that are issued after your last departure. IMHO, do not take the risk of having your application cancelled as incomplete. Well, there have been a lot of rejections because of PCC but I do not remember any rejections specific to this situation - but if I were you, I would not like to find out by trying it on my application.

This is in my opinion (and I always like to play safe and provide advise to others keeping the safety factor in mind).
Hi Raj,

Have we seen rejection because of dull stamp given on PCC by PSK officer?

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
narindersahib said:
Hi Raj,

Have we seen rejection because of dull stamp given on PCC by PSK officer?

TIA
Shouldn't be an issue IMO - I suppose they do verify the PCC with the issuing before setting criminality to PASS.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Shouldn't be an issue IMO - I suppose they do verify the PCC with the issuing before setting criminality to PASS.
verification would not be an issue.. but I was thinking if they could consider it as incomplete document during R10 check ? reason - stamp is not clear. :(

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Guys. Should i raise a CSE for following reasons:

1. After submitting my application i got a text from my bank stating my account no. has been changed due to technology transformation.
2. I went on a 10 day trip to Italy and entered Schenzen via Frankfurt:Germany (I did not stay there but took a connecting flight). In my travel details I have mentioned only about Italy and not Germany since i didnt stay there. My Schenzen visa was issued by Italian embassy (ITALIA VISA) but the entry and exit was stamped in Frankfurt.

Do you think CSE is needed for above situations?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
The 6 month rule is for PCCs issued by your current country of residence. For all other countries, as a general rule, you need PCCs that are issued after your last departure. IMHO, do not take the risk of having your application cancelled as incomplete. Well, there have been a lot of rejections because of PCC but I do not remember any rejections specific to this situation - but if I were you, I would not like to find out by trying it on my application.

This is in my opinion (and I always like to play safe and provide advise to others keeping the safety factor in mind).
Not completely correct.
You can have 2 types of PCC:
1. a recent one - less than 6 months old (and it does not matter if it is from your current country of residence or from the previous ones)
2. an old PCC - more than 6 months old, but here is the condition, that that PCC was issued after you have last time lived in that country (meaning the last time being present there).

If you cannot get PCC, you can put there application for PCC and explanation (for example too long delivery time for some - like USA, or rejection to issue you PCC, because you were there just a toursit, or requirement for CIC to apply for that PCC directly - like for Mexico)

Feb 14, 2017
Hi Vensak. Maybe point 1 might have answered this. Does this mean that if i have received a PCC for a country after departure, using UK as an example, and my application has been submitted...and i visit the country after my eAPR, do i need to get another PCC and perhaps submit through CSE?

vensak said:
Not completely correct.
1. a recent one - less than 6 months old (and it does not matter if it is from your current country of residence or from the previous ones)
2. an old PCC - more than 6 months old, but here is the condition, that that PCC was issued after you have last time lived in that country (meaning the last time being present there).

If you cannot get PCC, you can put there application for PCC and explanation (for example too long delivery time for some - like USA, or rejection to issue you PCC, because you were there just a toursit, or requirement for CIC to apply for that PCC directly - like for Mexico)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thelastimmigrant said:
Hi Vensak. Maybe point 1 might have answered this. Does this mean that if i have received a PCC for a country after departure, using UK as an example, and my application has been submitted...and i visit the country after my eAPR, do i need to get another PCC and perhaps submit through CSE?
No need.
You only need to submit PCC according to the status that was on the day where you have received your AOR.
You can travel freely after that. If ever they want to have additional PCC, they will ask for that.

Information clause is not needed for short travelling. Unless you would change your residency country, then you shall inform them about it. But even then it is up to them to request new PCC.
Only moment where more recent PCC would be required, if your family composition has changed (after marriage, your spouse should submit her/his PCC).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vensak said:
Not completely correct.

Well, I still do not recommend this as the IRCC website doesn't mention anything about the 6 month timeline for countries lived in the past.

This is what is mentioned on the IRCC website -->

For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

I wouldn't try this on my application to see if it works and I most definitely will not recommend this to anyone as an experiment. IMHO, please don't try this. However, if you want to go ahead and apply, then that's your prerogative (as always).

Good luck.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I still do not recommend this as the IRCC website doesn't mention anything about the 6 month timeline for countries lived in the past.

This is what is mentioned on the IRCC website -->

I wouldn't try this on my application to see if it works and I most definitely will not recommend this to anyone as an experiment. IMHO, please don't try this. However, if you want to go ahead and apply, then that's your prerogative (as always).

Good luck.
Then they have problem.
On the same webpage, they do explain police certificates by a following way:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
•have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

I am currently trying to find the exact law or regulation text in their database in order to see what is valid.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vensak said:
Not completely correct.

Cic are quite clear.

A PCC is valid indefinitely after you last visited a country. For your current country of residence your PCC is valid for 6 months. That's it.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
vensak said:
Then they have problem.
On the same webpage, they do explain police certificates by a following way:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
•have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

I am currently trying to find the exact law or regulation text in their database in order to see what is valid.
I agree with you vensak, but I thing IRCC has recently reworded their PCC page to read as you've quoted above and hence the people that have been around for a while now have what Raj and kryt0n expressed written in stone as it were.

To me I think this nails it "or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply." as long as your certificate is less that six months old at the time of AOR you're good. BUT it may be prudent to write a sentence or two in a LoE about this.

Fact is there are some countries that you need to personally go back to get your PCC (like South Korea if I'm not mistaken), you can't get it via the embassy or consulate, so in that case where you need to be physically present in the country to get the PCC how is it possible to get it issued after you leave? I think based in this IRCC have relaxed their old rule about PCCs and are now OK so long as it was issued in the last 6 months.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
g126 said:
I agree with you vensak, but I thing IRCC has recently reworded their PCC page to read as you've quoted above and hence the people that have been around for a while now have what Raj and kryt0n expressed written in stone as it were.

To me I think this nails it "or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply." as long as your certificate is less that six months old at the time of AOR you're good. BUT it may be prudent to write a sentence or two in a LoE about this.
You're correct that this wording looks to have been updated in December.

I believe some police certificates can only be obtained by visiting the country which may be the reason for this change of text. It may be a good idea to include this quote in your loe as g126 says.

Feb 14, 2017
Vensak, I appreciate your informative replies. I have one more question regarding the ECA evaluation. If your highest education, say MSC, has been evaluated only, do you need to still mention the BSC in Education History and also upload the BSC certificate/transcript when submitting the eAPR or you upload everything and state in your LOE that only the MSC was evaluated as per 'highest education evaluation' instruction on the CIC website?

vensak said:
No need.
You only need to submit PCC according to the status that was on the day where you have received your AOR.
You can travel freely after that. If ever they want to have additional PCC, they will ask for that.

Information clause is not needed for short travelling. Unless you would change your residency country, then you shall inform them about it. But even then it is up to them to request new PCC.
Only moment where more recent PCC would be required, if your family composition has changed (after marriage, your spouse should submit her/his PCC).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thelastimmigrant said:
Vensak, I appreciate your informative replies. I have one more question regarding the ECA evaluation. If your highest education, say MSC, has been evaluated only, do you need to still mention the BSC in Education History and also upload the BSC certificate/transcript when submitting the eAPR or you upload everything and state in your LOE that only the MSC was evaluated as per 'highest education evaluation' instruction on the CIC website?
If one of your diploma is evaluated as Master, then the simple answer is NO.

Only those that have 2 diplomas (but none of them is a Master or higher), do provide both of them in order to get points for 2 university diplomas and transferability.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
kryt0n said:
Cic are quite clear.

A PCC is valid indefinitely after you last visited a country. For your current country of residence your PCC is valid for 6 months. That's it.
How can it be valid indefinitely when CIC says "Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued." ?