+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
priyabhee said:
Firstly i would explain my situation before i shoot my doubts

i had a Canadian pr in 2006 i stayed in Canada for only 1 month and left back to my home country for my education.

i applied for pr travel document in 2015 and was refused because i didn't fulfill my pr obligation and so lost my pr status.

now i got married my husband applied for pr under cec and me as a dependent ,we got ita.

My questions are

1)Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

what answer yes/no?

2)Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

yes/no?

please help
thanks
Any 1 can answer my questions please

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
No,

It has to be on your name, or shared with your accompanying spouse.
Parents, children, siblings, best freinds, none of it is allowed.

Simple reason is, that at any moment they can change their mind and pick up the deposit of Money there.
What is allowed is to get Money as gift from parents. But Money has to be on your account.
Thanks for the advice! So if I open a new FD account tomorrow and get it transferred, would be problematic?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyabhee said:
I am confused
It's no for both the questions I thought as I was refused for prtd
I need to put yes for the 2nd question
You were not refused of visa as such. Originaly you got PR and you were never kicked out of country and neither have you lost it due to misinterpretation.
All that was refused is your attempt to renew your PR card, because you did not met the stay in Canada requirements. (so simply said, your right has expired).

But you might want to mention whole thing in your LOE letter (as they will find out anyway). Plus it might be a good idea to mention why didnt you wanna stay back then and what is your stand now.

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
Great thank you

I will put no for both questions and attach a loe with all the explanation and giving my expired PR card and also the refused prtd letter .
So it would be clear.
I am also going to explain them y I applied it now again

Thanks a ton for the clarification

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dzwony said:
Thanks for the advice! So if I open a new FD account tomorrow and get it transferred, would be problematic?
Hi guys, could use some help here :)
I just moved to India so I've to open a new account :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
vensak said:
You were not refused of visa as such. Originaly you got PR and you were never kicked out of country and neither have you lost it due to misinterpretation.
All that was refused is your attempt to renew your PR card, because you did not met the stay in Canada requirements. (so simply said, your right has expired).

But you might want to mention whole thing in your LOE letter (as they will find out anyway). Plus it might be a good idea to mention why didnt you wanna stay back then and what is your stand now.
I disagree and would rather say Yes to second question and explain it in schedule A.

PRTD is a substitute of visa whose sole purpose is to enter the country.

Also saying Yes there provides you an opportunity to explain any element even close to refusal and ensures a visa officer looks at that.

It is possible that this info if only added in LOE is overlooked by some one only scanning forms (the R10 okay guys don't read explanation letters in detail since their job is only to confirm if all needed basic docs / info is there).

If it shows up in CBSA records that there indeed is a PRTD refusal which is equivalent of denying entry to Canada in my opinion (irrespective of the reasons), then its better to say YES and explain.

I mean the OP does want CIC to know while evaluating his/her application that he/she was a PR before right?

There is absolutely zero downside to saying yes and explaining it there.

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
fkl said:
I disagree and would rather say Yes to second question and explain it in schedule A.

PRTD is a substitute of visa whose sole purpose is to enter the country.

Also saying Yes there provides you an opportunity to explain any element even close to refusal and ensures a visa officer looks at that.

It is possible that this info if only added in LOE is overlooked by some one only scanning forms (the R10 okay guys don't read explanation letters in detail since their job is only to confirm if all needed basic docs / info is there).

If it shows up in CBSA records that there indeed is a PRTD refusal which is equivalent of denying entry to Canada in my opinion (irrespective of the reasons), then its better to say YES and explain.

I mean the OP does want CIC to know while evaluating his/her application that he/she was a PR before right?

There is absolutely zero downside to saying yes and explaining it there.
I agree

How about the 1st question
What should I answer

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
priyabhee said:
I agree

How about the 1st question
What should I answer
My apologies, i should have been clearer.

I would answer YES to both questions (since denying PRTD renewal is effectively refusal for continuation of existing PR status) and put the explanation in Schedule A clearly.

Again there is zero downside to it, even if they strictly consider one of them to be not refusal. But if they do and you instead say no, that might be an issue.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
priyabhee said:
Firstly i would explain my situation before i shoot my doubts

i had a Canadian pr in 2006 i stayed in Canada for only 1 month and left back to my home country for my education.

i applied for pr travel document in 2015 and was refused because i didn't fulfill my pr obligation and so lost my pr status.

now i got married my husband applied for pr under cec and me as a dependent ,we got ita.

My questions are

1)Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

what answer yes/no?

2)Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

yes/no?

please help
thanks
Agree with fkl.

You should answer YES to both questions. You were, technically, "refused" a PRTD (equivalent to a document that proves your PR status >> PR card) because of non-compliance of residency obligations. You can answer YES and explain in a LOE your situation. Your past refusals might not necessarily affect your current application but it is prudent to declare them on your application.

priyabhee

Sep 23, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not necessarily IMO.
As I received PR sponsored by my father when I was minor in 2006 and later it was there decision to keep me in India for further education.
I was unable to apply for prtd at early ages I.e at 18/19 because I was in the middle of my education and was still dependent.
I applied for prtd at the age of 22 that is in 2015. But they refused to give me prtd and lost the status .
Now I got married and my husband is in Canada with pgwp applied for express entry and added me as accompanying spouse .
Received ITA.
Because of my issues I don't want him to be in trouble .I will be feeling guilty
If it would be an issue to get a PR again then I will make it as m not accompanying him and let him atleast Get the PR .

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
priyabhee said:
As I received PR sponsored by my father when I was minor in 2006 and later it was there decision to keep me in India for further education.
I was unable to apply for prtd at early ages I.e at 18/19 because I was in the middle of my education and was still dependent.
I applied for prtd at the age of 22 that is in 2015. But they refused to give me prtd and lost the status .
Now I got married and my husband is in Canada with pgwp applied for express entry and added me as accompanying spouse .
Received ITA.
Because of my issues I don't want him to be in trouble .I will be feeling guilty
If it would be an issue to get a PR again then I will make it as m not accompanying him and let him atleast Get the PR .
It is not a surprise that they refused to issue you a PRTD because you did NOT comply with the residency obligation and by law, the officer cannot issue a travel document for the aforementioned reason.

However, there is no clause (AFAIK) that states that people who have abandoned PR status shouldn't be given PR status again. If you legally apply again and intend to reside in Canada, there shouldn't be any issues AFAIK. You might want to hire a lawyer and ask him/her for his/her opinion if you want to.

Good luck!