21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
candelight said:
Sorry RITZ, what i meant is that what if i applied for a US visit visa first and luckily get approved then straight away apply for a study permit in canada. would it mean a high chance of approval? thanks a lot for the patience man.. :)
LOL what "patience" you talking about :p

Well you can visit Canada after going to USA but I don't know if you can apply for a study permit at the port. My guess would be a NO. Because a visitor can only be allowed to stay for a limited number of weeks so your temporary resident permit will expire long before you finish your studies and therefore you may not be allowed to enter Canada. Sorry I don't have any proper info regarding this topic :(

But from what I have heard is a US visa is much harder to get than a Canadian visa. Not sure under which status though. But there's no harm in trying for a visit visa, is there? :) Not only will you add more travel to your history, but you also get to visit a 1st world country :)

saifshaikh

Aug 8, 2011
hey rirz can u mail me some strong samples of sop's? i am going to apply in sheriden college for a diploma in business-HR. my id is saifshaikh_92 @ hotmail. com.

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
i ritz, i have been asking u a lot of questions lately and i have to thank you for keeping up with me. :D anyway, enjoy your weekend! 8)

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
saifshaikh said:
hey rirz can u mail me some strong samples of sop's? i am going to apply in sheriden college for a diploma in business-HR. my id is saifshaikh_92 @ hotmail. com.
Done bro :). The SOPs' subject aren't limited to business only so you can modify them according to your needs.

candelight said:
i ritz, i have been asking u a lot of questions lately and i have to thank you for keeping up with me. :D anyway, enjoy your weekend! 8)
It's ok candelight I enjoy helping people out so stop thanking me I'm not doing "favors" to anyone :D

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
Hi RIDZ and candelight!

I find this forum very interesting and helpful. I am in the process of preparing the documents for SV application and i still haven't prepared a very convincing SOP yet.. I applied for a postgraduate course (health-related) that will commence this Jan 2012. I already received the LOA from the school. But aside from the SOP, I still have problems with the proof of funds.. I just recently consulted from a visa consultant about my condition and in my case he said I might be denied because of insufficient funds. I am still looking for solutions to these problems and assess if I would rather postpone my application for Fall of next year. I don't want to be denied of a visa because I heard it would not be easy to get another visa once you were denied before..

I have questions relating to Student permit requirements.

a.) what do you think is a very convincing way of showing enough proof of funds? Does the money have to be only in MY account? Meaning the entire PROOF OF FUNDS amount should only be in MY ACCOUNT?

My mother has several bank accounts in which she enrolled me as a co-depositor. I have a bank account of my own but not enough to cover 1 year of tuition fees, much more complying for the proof of funds which includes 1 year cost of living allowance and return ticket to the Philippines. Therefore my parents are sponsoring me for this studies. It is a policy of the banks/cooperatives that only the member can be enrolled and the other enrollees will have to be co-depositors.. Are the bank accounts of my parents, in which I am the co-depositor, not considered as proof of funds?

b.) Does applying for a study loan weaken my case for approval?

c.) Is it true that once you're on at least a work permit outside your country of residence, you can apply to that country for an SV?

RADZ, can you also email me your proposed study plan. dread1123@gmail.com..

candelight, i sent a PM. please check your inbox..

Haysin

Sep 30, 2011
Hey Ritz you seem to have quite a lot of info regarding Canadian Visas, I want you o advice me on my case

I have an offer letter from George Brown College for a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) program and sufficient funds to complete my studies in Canada. I had applied for visa for the septemeber session but my visa had been turned down and the reason given was that the visa officer was not satisfied that I would return on completion of studies. The basis for this reason was that I had not shown proof of my activities since 2009.I have been employed since 2009 and I forgot to attach my experience letter. I deferred my admission to the January 2012session and am planning to apply for visa again. Having discussed with a few people I got different reponses, some say that attaching the experience letter and applying again could make a difference. Whereas, others say that getting visas on the basis PGD is a bit hard. I would like to know what you think about my case. Should I apply again or are the chances of getting a visa low due to the PGD program.

Haysin

Sep 30, 2011
Moreover, will attaching a letter from my current employer, which states that the firm will be willing to hire me back once I complete my studies, strengthen my chances of getting a visa.

Nov 19, 2012
hi, just wondering how things went for you @candelight?

I came back from Canada last august as my student visa expired end of july 2012.
I first came to Canada on work permit then became a student by 2010.
I took a 2 year diploma in Business Administration major Risk Management. I finished my 1st year but wasn't able to take 2nd year as I gave birth then until I went back home here in the philippines and just decided to reapply for a new student visa that will start on January 2013. Now I submitted my application but was refused due to the ff:

- you have not demonstrated that you or your parents have sufficient income and assets to justify your proposed studies; and
- your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or future prospects and plans.

I would like to try to reapply with my parents' bank accounts and assets showing that they are capable of helping me with my expenses.
Will these be enough to be approved???

How will I answer the 2nd part?
I had a Bachelors degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management and had 10 year managerial experience in that field
BUT I already finished year 1 of Business Administration in an institution in Canada and just planning to continue it.

Also, I didn't submit any study plan or SOP. Could somebody give me an example or format I could use?

Someone please help!!!