+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying after being refused by the Canadian Embassy, Manila

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
My application has been refused and I have been thinking what have I done wrong? I Submitted all the requirements in the list of the Canadian Embassy, Manila including 2 way flight tickets. I am going to apply again, can somebody advise me if I should follow their list strictly or I should include other documents inside which are not in the list like IELTS results, etc. If it would help, here is the exact comment given to me:

-your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
I hope someone can offer me a good advice... :(

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
candelight said:
My application has been refused and I have been thinking what have I done wrong? I Submitted all the requirements in the list of the Canadian Embassy, Manila including 2 way flight tickets. I am going to apply again, can somebody advise me if I should follow their list strictly or I should include other documents inside which are not in the list like IELTS results, etc. If it would help, here is the exact comment given to me:

-your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
This reason for refusal is quite common. Although the course seems to be relevant and a continuation of previous studies, VOs refuse applications calling it a study mismatch (No idea why). But there are students who applied with the same course again, adding a strong SOP which explains the reason behind selecting that particular course and how it's in light to his previous studies, etc. Follow your checklist and make sure you have ALL the required documents. Modify the sample SOPs according to your needs. If you have any further queries, post them here. Me and the seniors will help you out.

j10

Jul 26, 2011
hi!
I got a refusal letter today stating the same.
Don't know what to do now.
I also applied in manila.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
j10 said:
hi!
I got a refusal letter today stating the same.
Don't know what to do now.
I also applied in manila.
Follow the instructions on my last post. If you have concerns regarding specific issues, post them here and we'll try to provide solutions asap :)

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
j10,

ur @ the right place for help. will u be applying for the same program or have u decided to shift to another?

j10

Jul 26, 2011
I'm planning to apply on the same program.

My refusal letter also states that "you are not well established in your country of residence".
Is it because I don't have a job?

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
exactly the same as mine. im also curious about this. RIDZ, should we mention this to the sop? what other means/reasons/evidence can we provide to strengthen the ties with our home country?

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
candelight said:
exactly the same as mine. im also curious about this. RIDZ, should we mention this to the sop? what other means/reasons/evidence can we provide to strengthen the ties with our home country?
For study mismatch, SOP will do the explanation. Keep in mind that the VO does not know who we are and we only introduce ourselves through the documents that we provide. Interviews aren't conducted either (unless required) so we don't get a chance to explain who we really are and what we really want. Take your SOP as a piece of paper that has "pre-answers" to the questions that MAY arise in the VO's head. Therefore, we can mention our study background and other details, regarding future studies, briefly.

For the reason that says "you are not well established in your country of residence", I'm sorry but I don't know much about it as I did not come across such a case earlier. But I can assume that they meant that you don't hold a strong "financial position" in your country of residence. You can clear that by providing an employment certificate of a job, in your country of residence, or bank statements and any property documents that you own.
This is my assumption and may be incorrect. But I'll do some research on that and post updates later. Maybe the seniors can help you out in the meantime.

j10

Jul 26, 2011
@candelight

i don't understand them for refusing me because i'm not established in my country residence. i am not employed but i manage my own business.

do you have a current job? is your chosen course in canada related to your previous course here in the philippines? as for me, i took management so i plan to take up international business management. btw, did you apply in toronto?

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
j10,

based on what u said, i think u were not able to stress those things on ur previous sop. maybe u should mention those on ur next one. my previous education and jobs are well related to the program that i wanted to take but i was not able to point this out very clearly on my sop. i will write a stronger one for my next application.

j10

Jul 26, 2011
candelight,

do you plan to re apply this month? are you applying for September intake?
I don't think I can make it this fall intake.

candelight

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
j10,

im still planning to apply this sept. but its for the jan intake.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
j10 said:
@ candelight

i don't understand them for refusing me because i'm not established in my country residence. i am not employed but i manage my own business.

do you have a current job? is your chosen course in canada related to your previous course here in the philippines? as for me, i took management so i plan to take up international business management. btw, did you apply in toronto?
j10, how long have you been managing your own business and what post do you hold there?