March-2012
Med's Done....
[move][color=red]December-2011 (Expired)[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
Soon In Sha Allah
LANDED..........
Allah Knows
Dear forum members,

I need your help. My wife & son are now with me in Pakistan and we are so happy because we are together and we are enjoying to much. but now i am sad too because they are going back to Canada on 2nd August Sad my application in process and the status showing is...application received to sponsor ABC on 17th January 2012.I have not heard from them at all, nor by email or by mail. Should i be concerned? or should i contact them again by email? is there anything i can do in order to know whether my file has been opened or not?

I am very confused...and feel like I have no power or information on my case.
I really don't want to see my wife leave with my child on august 2nd while leaving me behind.....my child is only 3 months old and I would love to be with him as they both, my wife and child are in great need of me.

what should or CAN I do? Undecided
Please help!
Regards
Basil Khan

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dear Basil Khan,

Unfortunately I don't think there is much for you to do, apart from wait.... the first part has been approved, and your file has been transferred. Islamabad has a waiting time of 26 months from the last update on the website ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp ) so until that time is passed, you can't really do anything as you are still within the time frame.

If the time frame is longer for your case you can contact ( or your wife rather) your MP, to enquire about the case, but I think it is too early. You can see about similar experiences from the Pakistan thread ( now I just checked it and I see that you have posted the same message), but it looks like it is a standard for now.

waiting is hard for sure, and I imagine that with a child it is even harder, but unfortunately there is not much to do. If your wife is a canadian citizen she can come and stay with you for extended period of time, but if she is a PR herself then she must remain in Canada otherwise your application will be cancelled. You can try to apply for a TRV but I heard that they are difficult to get because CIC won't believe that you are only intending to stay temporarily... as you are married and have a child in Canada.

Good luck for waiting,
Best,
Sweden

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey guys, I'm here in Canada on visitor visa i came to visit my fiancé (a canadian citizen) and his mom, this was the reason of my visit...we got married 1 month after i got here and now we are gathering everything we need to sponsor me...my visitor visa will expire on september 21, i want to apply for extension...please help me, what would be the best reasons of extension??? the officer asked me if I'm planning on immigrate but i said no, i told him that my fiancé will move with me to my country that was our plan but now our circumstances changed...by the way we gonna apply outland any help will be really appreciated...thanks

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Safou said:
hey guys, I'm here in Canada on visitor visa i came to visit my fiancé (a canadian citizen) and his mom, this was the reason of my visit...we got married 1 month after i got here and now we are gathering everything we need to sponsor me...my visitor visa will expire on september 21, i want to apply for extension...please help me, what would be the best reasons of extension??? the officer asked me if I'm planning on immigrate but i said no, i told him that my fiancé will move with me to my country that was our plan but now our circumstances changed...by the way we gonna apply outland any help will be really appreciated...thanks
I guess, the best thing will be to discuss this with a lawyer. I am sure there is way, you can extend your time here.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Safou said:
1. Pretty simple, you apply for an extension of your visitor status here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp
2. You find the application and sponsorship package here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate