14-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
11-04-2016
Hello Frens

I am ready to fly my dream destination and need your advice on following points:

1. I got my PR on the basis of LMIA supported job offer under NOC 0621. At the time of my application (After ITA), I submitted all the required docs as well as proof of funds close to CAD 23K (4 members). It is written on the website of CIC that if you have a job offer, you don't need to show proof of funds. Do they actually mean that OR it is on the discretion of immigration officer at Landing airport ? Bcos if they actually want me to bring such amount only then I will carry with me otherwise I WILL NOT.

2. What are the types of funds to carry along ? Canadian currency, Travellers Cheques, Demand Draft, Bank statement of Indian account, Fixed deposits of Indian bank accounts ? kindly advice.

3. Also I need the format of LIST which I need to carry with my luggage ?

Thanx in advance and good luck to all.

Rgds/Harry

harry16125

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
11-04-2016
Pls reply on the topic...

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
harry16125 said:
Pls reply on the topic...
1. Don't know. Can't comment.
2. Canadian dollars is preferable. You can bring up to 10000 without declaration. You can bring more but you will need to declare it. I suggest to bring some cache just for first few weeks. Once you have bank account here you can do wire transfer from your home country bank (if your bank supports it).
3. You don't need to list what you're carrying with your luggage. You will get standard customs form on the plane before landing. You will need to fill it.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
harry16125 said:
Hello Frens

I am ready to fly my dream destination and need your advice on following points:

1. I got my PR on the basis of LMIA supported job offer under NOC 0621. At the time of my application (After ITA), I submitted all the required docs as well as proof of funds close to CAD 23K (4 members). It is written on the website of CIC that if you have a job offer, you don't need to show proof of funds. Do they actually mean that OR it is on the discretion of immigration officer at Landing airport ? Bcos if they actually want me to bring such amount only then I will carry with me otherwise I WILL NOT.

2. What are the types of funds to carry along ? Canadian currency, Travellers Cheques, Demand Draft, Bank statement of Indian account, Fixed deposits of Indian bank accounts ? kindly advice.

3. Also I need the format of LIST which I need to carry with my luggage ?

Rgds/Harry
1. Proof funds is pretty clear as it only has to be a proof. You can bring your bank statements which states that you have 123 amount of money in your bank account and it is accessible anytime you need it. :)

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
harry16125 said:
Hello Frens

As manidhatt already pointed out, you don't need to *bring* the money with you, only the proof that you have it, could be a bank statement. Then again, it's a good idea to have some cash for your first days/weeks.

2. What are the types of funds to carry along ? Canadian currency, Travellers Cheques, Demand Draft, Bank statement of Indian account, Fixed deposits of Indian bank accounts ? kindly advice. I believe all those are Ok, better check with the official sources or search this forum, I believe there was a specific thread for PoF@PoE.

3. Also I need the format of LIST which I need to carry with my luggage ? It's called a B4 form, you'll also need a B4A if you plan to bring anything into Canada at a later date. Here it is: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
Also check out this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

Rgds/Harry

harry16125

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015