+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RE: STUDY PERMIT please answer this is urgent

citizenkane

Jun 9, 2012
Hello,

My sister who is here in Canada under TRV (temporary resident visa) did take a course at george brown college that is less than six months, and did not require a study permit since the duration of the course is less that six months. However, she now wishes to take up the full program that lasts for two years. How could she apply for study permit while residing in Canada. I am aware that she cannot apply to any of the inland canadian offices to change her visitor status to study permit. Can she apply to a processing centre in the U.S (buffalo)/port of entry (if so, could you provide the location of one) or if she should apply to a visa office in the home country, can she mail the application to the consulate back home while she is still in canada?

citizenkane

Jun 9, 2012
citizenkane said:
Hello,

My sister who is here in Canada under TRV (temporary resident visa) did take a course at george brown college that is less than six months, and did not require a study permit since the duration of the course is less that six months. However, she now wishes to take up the full program that lasts for two years. How could she apply for study permit while residing in Canada. I am aware that she cannot apply to any of the inland canadian offices to change her visitor status to study permit. Can she apply to a processing centre in the U.S (buffalo)/port of entry (if so, could you provide the location of one) or if she should apply to a visa office in the home country, can she mail the application to the consulate back home while she is still in canada?

Dec 25, 2011
surrey bc
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think according to new rules you have to apply at ottawa....becos buffalo is no longer accepting applications check immigration site

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zooniesidhu1509 said:
i think according to new rules you have to apply at ottawa....becos buffalo is no longer accepting applications check immigration site
No, she has to apply to one of the other offices in the US.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
citizenkane said:
Hello,

She has to apply from outside Canada. Buffalo office has been closed and is not accepting new applications.

Quote from CIC website: "You must apply for a work permit or a study permit before coming to Canada. If you are visiting Canada and you want to apply to work or study, you must leave Canada and apply from your home country."