+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RE SPONSOR FAMILY CLASS

cantrue

Jun 26, 2013
Need an expert help with the new immigration law

We all landed as immigrant in 2010. after staying for 2 weeks, we return to our country. My family finally permanently moved to canada in 2012. They are fine with the 730 days stay obligation, but i am not.

i've been going back and forth Canada in the past 2 years and very lucky always pass the Immigration without being suspicious. the total i stayed in canada is less than 365 days

now it's time to renewal the PR card. Since I am the only one who have problem with the "stay rules", can i just give up my PR card, and then my wife RE-SPONSOR me ?

is there any waiting time for me after "surrender" my PR card to be eligible for a family sponsor ?

Back then, I was the primary PR, i sponsored my wife and 2 children.

Please help......

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cantrue said:
Need an expert help with the new immigration law
the law is not new regarding PR RO.

We all landed as immigrant in 2010. after staying for 2 weeks, we return to our country. My family finally permanently moved to canada in 2012. They are fine with the 730 days stay obligation, but i am not.

i've been going back and forth Canada in the past 2 years and very lucky always pass the Immigration without being suspicious. the total i stayed in canada is less than 365 days

now it's time to renewal the PR card. Since I am the only one who have problem with the "stay rules", can i just give up my PR card, and then my wife RE-SPONSOR me ?
Yes. But are you intending to settle in Canada permanently now? Otherwise continue to visit as a visitor. PR UNDER Spousal sponsorship has the same 730 day in-Canada residence requirement, unless your wife becomes/has become a Canadian citizen and accompanies you while you are outside Canada.

is there any waiting time for me after "surrender" my PR card to be eligible for a family sponsor ?
No

Back then, I was the primary PR, i sponsored my wife and 2 children.
This is irrelevant, your wife and children are PRs in their own right once landed.

Please help......