+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re : SOP for Memorial U.

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Memorial University is asking for a Statement of Purpose.

My ultimate goal is to get PR through PNP, should I mention that? Or should I tell them what I will tell the VO that I plan to use the diploma to get further ahead in my home country's job market competition?

Thanks.

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
iopyud said:
Memorial University is asking for a Statement of Purpose.

My ultimate goal is to get PR through PNP, should I mention that? Or should I tell them what I will tell the VO that I plan to use the diploma to get further ahead in my home country's job market competition?

Thanks.
I think the second option sounds a lot better. I don't think the school admissions office would be impressed by being told that the student is applying for school just to get into the country. I'm sure studying here will help your chances at a PR later but there are a lot of people that seem to think a student visa is some sort of guarantee of a PRV later. It certainly won't hurt but don't think it's assured.

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Thank you.

Can you please elaborate that the student stream is not a 100% success rate?

Given the right conditions, meaning I complete ALL requirements, do I still have a chance to get rejected?

If so, can I use CEC as Plan B?

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
iopyud said:
Thank you.

Can you please elaborate that the student stream is not a 100% success rate?

Given the right conditions, meaning I complete ALL requirements, do I still have a chance to get rejected?

If so, can I use CEC as Plan B?
Sorry, I'm not sure i understand your question but I'll guess at your meaning: When you apply to study in Canada, you apply for a Student Visa (or maybe it's called Study Visa). Using that visa, you can stay here and study for the duration of your courses. I think usually,they will allow, on request, for you to work part time to support yourself. I often hear 20 hours per week. Check on that though as you may have to specifically ask for that permission when you apply for it. I also read that it's printed on every Student Visa "Unless otherwise authorized, this Visa does NOT entitle the holder to work in Canada" or words to that effect, but, as I said, there often is an overriding 'notation' saying "authorized to work no more than 20 hours per week" or words to that effect. THERE IS NOTHING IN A STUDENT VISA THAT SAYS YOU CAN GET PERMANENT RESIDENCY AFTER YOUR STUDIES. You have to apply for that and although I'm sure it will help it does not guarantee acceptance of your PRV application. Does that answer your question ?

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Oh, I was actually talking about the PNP and CEC after your post graduation work permit.
I was wondering what the actual success rate of those.