+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-new Working Holiday Visa

Able2

Mar 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

I know that an applicant can re-apply for another working visa while staying in Canada. I know that a criminal record document needs to be retrieved from their native country to re-apply for the visa, in spite that the applicant has never been back since. Is a Canadian criminal record required?

This is odd because:
1. I do not know if non permanent residents have Canadian criminal records
2. On the contrary, the Canadian government needs to ensure the best for their country, thus from that stance, I think a Canadian criminal record is required. If an Australian criminal record is required, in spite that the applicant has never been back, surely immigration officials need to know if the applicant has committed a crime (e.g. drink driving) in Canada.

Can anyone provide me with some knowledge/advice?

Able2

Mar 20, 2011
I'll break up the question into a smaller component then.....

Do foreigners/non-residents have criminal records documents of any type in Canada?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Able2 said:

Do foreigners/non-residents have criminal records documents of any type in Canada?
Yes, if a crime is committed, most certainly.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Able2 said:

Yes but are you asking if it's a requirement to produce one when you are applying for your extension? The answer is no, the visa post will contact the RCMP themselves to do the name check. If your name comes up you may be asked to do fingerprints for a more thorough criminal records check with the RCMP.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Able2 said:

Did we answer your question, or misunderstand it?