+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re medical request for only one applicant

Nov 29, 2020
Hi all,

My husband (primary applicant) and I had submitted our documents after receiving AOR on 12th Jan, 2021 with upfront medicals.

I received a request for a medical examination few days ago even though it was previously submitted.

Although I assume this request for a new medical is because my previous one has passed the 1 year validity, what I don't understand is why has this request been made only for me and not my husband. His medical test was also done more than a year ago.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation ? I confirmed with the medical panel that my test was submitted successfully.

Below is a snippet of the letter received :

Medical Examination Instructions
These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical
examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination
You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result
in the refusal of your immigration application.
Who may complete your Immigration Medical Examination
Your medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the IRCC list of Panel Physicians. The list of Panel
Physicians to find a doctor in your area:
How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination
Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your
medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible
for processing your application as soon as possible.
Once your medical examination has been completed the Panel Physician will submit medical results to IRCC for
assessment. To obtain a copy of your Immigration Medical Examination please ask the panel physician at the time of
your appointment.

mach1123

Jun 5, 2022
What happened to you guys? Please share your situation.
Same as here only main applicant requested medical others not.

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
What happened to you guys? Please share your situation.
Same as here only main applicant requested medical others not.
Hi
I am in same situation now for PR application. Medical letter received only for principal applicant and not dependant.
How did you go about? Could others take medical exam with primary applicant application reference?
Pls respond. I need to schedule an appointment tomorrow.