+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RE:help

WEWE

Dec 23, 2009
I am here on visitor visa and my visa was about to expire and i applied 30 before expiry, have no answer from Vegrevile.

I have to go back to my home country for my permanent visa medical has just arrived and passport request.

So if i leave here without my extension will the visa office in home country ask why i overstayed
since i have no any answer for my Implied status? for visitor.

Is there any number i can call and ask them to give a paper saying my application was in Implies status in Canada.

please help me confused.

or can i ask my friend to mail me the medical here in Canada and i can examine them here in Canada.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
You have not overstayed if you submitted your extension application and it was received before your original status expired. Did you track the mailing and get delivery confirmation? That's what "implied status" is - your authorization to remain in Canada until they have time to process the extension. If you submitted it, as required, before your status expired, you're okay to stay until you hear from them - and it takes them up to 100 days to process it and get back to you with an answer.

I don't understand the rest of your question, though. I'm assuming you are awaiting finalization of an outland PR application and you've been sent paperwork to get a medical exam - you can do that within Canada. Just have your friend mail you the papers you were sent and take them to a DMP in Canada and have the exam. Make sure the DMP knows where your application is being processed so they send the results to the proper Regional Medical Centre - and be sure you send proof that you've completed the medical to the embassy.

As far as the passport request - that's more complicated. Some countries do not allow you to mail or courier passports across international borders. If your country is one of those, you will have to leave Canada anyway to get your passport to the embassy that is processing your application. You don't have to worry about being in trouble for overstaying - even if you hadn't applied to extend your status, it wouldn't come up on exit from Canada. The thing is that your "implied status" stops if you leave Canada - so you might not be able to come back to Canada again until after your PR application is finalized and you get your landing paperwork. That sort of depends on where you're from - but be really careful about mailing your passport out of the country. If it gets lost, the potential is there for you to miss out entirely on getting your landing paperwork before it expires. That would be very bad - you'd have to start the whole process all over again.