+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

zamboy

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Medical Updated- 27-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
Thanks friends for sending in your queries, I hope I have been able to provide you with relevant and helpful inputs. I would be happy to advise and assist anyone who needs inputs on job search and settlement.. Pls share the word..

Nitin Bhalla :)

zamboy said:
My Canadian Story – A journey to share and inspire.

Hello Friends,
My name is Nitin Bhalla. Just like very body else, I also dreamt to come and start my life in Canada. I started preparing my application in May 2014 and was able to send it to CIC in August 2014. I used no consultants, as my only consultant and support was this forum.

I have no words for the kind of help and support all forumites have provided. I am sharing my journey and my insights on this forum to express how thankful I am and also to return the favour and contribute to anyone who may need assistance in searching a job or getting settled in Canada.

I am now to a certain extent settled with my family here, have a job (Full time) with Scotiabank.. I have also started counseling some newcomers for my settlement agency who want guidance in finding a job.

I landed in August 2015. Then started another journey, the journey to start a new life, find a home, find a job, create a social circle.. etc.. etc..First priorities were to get SIN, open a Bank account(coincidentally I applied for Scotia Start Right account from India itself and later got a job here ), get my Driver’s license , find a place to stay and so on.

I had no immediate or close family in Canada, so got registered with the nearest settlement agency in Brampton. They provide a workshop for newcomers and help you understand the job market, prepare a Canadian style resume and researching your job. But the real test comes after the workshop. I started applying for multiple jobs, tried CareerEdge for internship programs, attending mentoring events, got my business cards printed to share at meetup events, prepared job search strategy, researched linkedin. All these efforts still did not land me in a job.

I then started networking on Linkedin.. and it helped.. I will be happy to share my inputs in case anyone wants.. You never know what clicks, so I suggest we try every bit.. because failure is not an option. Feel free to connect with me. Just pm me for any query that you may have.

Thank you again for helping me.

All the Best…

Nitin

rajC

Jul 24, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO /CVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
17-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
17-12-2015, 02-09-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2015, 02-12-2018
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
03-22-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Everyone

Got the golden MR email today along with RPRF.

Thank god for this much awaited email.

Jai mata di

Wish all of you who are waiting for this email.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear seniors/experts,

I have received an email from LVO and they've attached a form called IMM 1017 E ( Medical examinations instructions ) , which needs to be submitted within 30 days. Regarding this, I have following questions ..

1) What other tests will they conduct other than the chest x-ray ?

2) Does the doctor conducts any psychological tests ? or Does he tackle by asking some personal questions or something else in order to verify the mentally stability of the applicant ?

3) I was reading on the form IMM 1017 E that Once my medical has been completed... the doctor will forward the medical results to CIC. How can I verify if the doctor has successfully submitted my medical to the CIC/LVO ? Will I be provided with some tracking number or something ? Because, at this stage my ecas is just showing only 2 lines updated :/ ...

4) The form says that I need to carry 4 recent photographs to the doctor ... What should be the photo specifications/requirements for this in terms of frame size etc etc ?

5) Do I need to submit anything to CIC or LVO by myself regarding the medicals or the doctor will take care of each and everything ?

6) The doctor sends the medical results to the LVO or to CIC by post or by email ?

7) What are the diseases that results in rejection ?

8 ) Until now, I dont know my visa officer, as at the bottom of the email it just says that it is sent from the Visa section, London and in the very beginning it says that

" This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear XXXXXX,
Please find information concerning your application in the attached document. If you are unable to view the attached document or ...
"

... Is this normal ? Because , I was reading somewhere the Visa officer sends the medical request ... Does everyone else receive the medical requests like this ? Because at one end it says that it is an automated message and we shouldn't respond to this message :/ :/ Please let me know ..

9 ) Please provide the necessary tips or suggestions before the medical examination, that you seniors/experts think that it may help =] ...

I know, you may find some of my questions weird or silly ... but since I am worried and confused and want to perform this with minimal errors , therefore I require your expertise ...

Your insight is highly appreciated,
[/quote]

LazyBoy7199

Sep 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (Changed to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br><b>Initial App:</b> 29-05-2014 <br><b>Rejected/Returned:</b> 15-10-2014 <br><b>Reapplied:</b> 05-11-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>CC Charged:</b> 08-Jan-2015 <br><b>PER:</b> 30-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
<br><b>AOR:</b>24-Feb-2015 (WVO) <br><b> SLU: </b> 17-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 ; R:7.5 ; W:7.0 ; S:8.0
Med's Request
06-May-2015
Med's Done....
<br><b> Med Done: </b> 11-May-2015 <br><b>Re-Med: </b> 13-Aug-2015 <br><b>TLU: </b> 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
22-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Dec-2015
Hi maplezone... Congrats on your MR...

I'm no senior but below are my 50 cents! (in blue color)

Cheers,
LazyBoy

maplezone said:
Dear seniors/experts,

I have received an email from LVO and they've attached a form called IMM 1017 E ( Medical examinations instructions ) , which needs to be submitted within 30 days. Regarding this, I have following questions ..

1) What other tests will they conduct other than the chest x-ray ?Usual check ups like BP, height, weight, eye check up, x-ray etc. Blood samples etc.

2) Does the doctor conducts any psychological tests ? or Does he tackle by asking some personal questions or something else in order to verify the mentally stability of the applicant ? The doctor might ask questions related to any existing ailment or issues. Be true in answering.

3) I was reading on the form IMM 1017 E that Once my medical has been completed... the doctor will forward the medical results to CIC. How can I verify if the doctor has successfully submitted my medical to the CIC/LVO ? Will I be provided with some tracking number or something ? Because, at this stage my ecas is just showing only 2 lines updated :/ ... If the hospital you are visiting is e-Medical enabled, then the doctor will upload the results to the system. Once results are cleared, the third like i.e. "Medical results have been received" will appear in your ECAS

4) The form says that I need to carry 4 recent photographs to the doctor ... What should be the photo specifications/requirements for this in terms of frame size etc etc ?No need to carry photos if hospital is e-Medical enabled. They will take a digital photo

5) Do I need to submit anything to CIC or LVO by myself regarding the medicals or the doctor will take care of each and everything ? All necessary tests are conducted by the doctor. You may carry any previous reports that you feel suitable.

6) The doctor sends the medical results to the LVO or to CIC by post or by email ? online

7) What are the diseases that results in rejection ?Example is active Tuberculosis or any other disease which might lead to extensive medical treatment or might be dangerous for society

8 ) Until now, I dont know my visa officer, as at the bottom of the email it just says that it is sent from the Visa section, London and in the very beginning it says that

" This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear XXXXXX,
Please find information concerning your application in the attached document. If you are unable to view the attached document or ...
"

... Is this normal ? Because , I was reading somewhere the Visa officer sends the medical request ... Does everyone else receive the medical requests like this ? Because at one end it says that it is an automated message and we shouldn't respond to this message :/ :/ Please let me know ..This is correct. The email which has the MR forms attached is an automated email.

9 ) Please provide the necessary tips or suggestions before the medical examination, that you seniors/experts think that it may help =] ...Try to avoid alcohol/smoke few days prior to the medicals. But the main thing is just be calm and appear for the meds, it will all work out well :)

I know, you may find some of my questions weird or silly ... but since I am worried and confused and want to perform this with minimal errors , therefore I require your expertise ...

Your insight is highly appreciated,

D_K_B

Apr 1, 2014
BanuManu4786 said:
Prices of some *New* cars regarded as the best for families in Canada. All these are considered better in Canadian weather conditions by Autofocus. We can get an idea for a second hand / pre-owned car from these prices and generally they start from as low as 5K to 6K. I haven't considered the high end luxury cars for this exercise.
Car is a must in Canada so we as new/prospective immigrants must set aside a budget for it. Off course, we can get the cheaper ones as well.
The range increases when additional features are added to the base price.

Ford Explorer -33K to 37K
Hyundai Tucson - 25K to 28K
Toyota Camry - 25K to 28K
Volkswagen Golf - 19K to 20K
Hyundai Accent - 14K to 16K
Mazda CX5 - 25K to 28K
Dodge Journey - 20K to 22K
Hyundai Santa Fe - 28K to 30K
Volkswagen Jetta - 16K to 18K
Jeep Cherokee - 25K to 28K
Chevolet Cruze - 14K to 17K
Nissan Rogue - 24K to 26K
Honda CRV - 27K to 30K
Ford Escape - 25K to 33K
Hyundai Elantra -16K to 19K
Toyota Corolla - 16K to 19K
Dear BanuManu4786,

Thanks for the useful information.

binder85071

Mar 3, 2015
Hi everyone

first of all thanks to everyone, every one gets lot of information from this FORUM through sharing information . its really helpful when u are feeling low. someone encourages you.

my timelines are
VO NDVO
APPLICATION RECEIVED ON 19 JUNE 2014
PER 17 OCT 2014
PROCESSING STARTS O6 JAN 2015
PHYSICAL VERIFICATION IN MARCH 2015
MEDICAL RECEIVED ON 16 OCT 2015
MEDICAL DONE 6 NOV
MEDICAL RECEIVED 2 DEC 2015
DECISION MADE 10 DEC 2015
PPR 14 DEC 2015
PASSPORT SUBMITTED WITH NEW SPECIFICATION OF PHOTO ON 15 DECEMBER
PASSPORT RECEIVED BACK 18 DEC 2015

I THANKS EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM FOR THEIR SUPPORT.
PRAY FOR EVERYONE TO GET PASSED ALL THE STAGES.
THANKFUL TO GOD. GOD IS GREAT

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear Lazyboy,

Thanks a lot .... But the confusion is that ... I did not receive any email from LVO to undergo medicals or to pay RPRF. I am worried about that, no RPRF requested at this point in time whereas it usually comes with the medical request. Furthermore, There is no email from LVO intimating MR or asking for additional docs, its just system an auto generated MR email.

Is it normal not to have RPRF request along with MR? If yes, then what is the trend for receiving RPRF in cases where it is not requested with MR.

LazyBoy7199 said:
Hi maplezone... Congrats on your MR...

I'm no senior but below are my 50 cents! (in blue color)

Cheers,
LazyBoy

Lucky_Rish

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, see my responses above. All the best.
Thanks a lot Pipis Husband for your detailed guidance. But Im still confused a little about No. 1 & 2. They have separately asked for two different periods - one in 2009-2010 when I was unemployed and second period is what I did after submission of file in 2014 till present. For the second period they have specifically given me a word file name "Personal History and Address" form. But for the unemployment period they didnt specify any form. Since its a word file, I can write as much as I want. Now my question is:

1. Should I use this same word form for both periods? or Do I have to send any IMM5669E (Background Declaration)? They didnt mention about IMM5669E
2. The word form they have provided has tables for activities and addresses. However, there are a couple of mistakes in those tables. Am I allowed to modify the tables?
3. In the period column, I can input month and year for the "from" date. But what should I write as present date? If I merge the month and year cells, I can write "Present". Am I allowed to merge??

Thanks again buddy, for your sincere support. :) :)

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear Seniors/Experts,

I received MR, However, I did not receive any email from LVO to undergo medicals or to pay RPRF. All I received is a system auto generated email from "Do Not Reply - Client-update-mise-a-jour [at] cic.gc.ca" enclosing a medical form and instruction pages.

What I am concerned about is that no RPRF requested at this point in time whereas it usually accompany medical request. There is no email from LVO intimating MR or asking for additional docs, just system auto generated MR email ...

1) Is it normal not to have RPRF request along with MR? If yes, what is the trend for receiving RPRF in cases where it is not requested with MR.

2) What should be done at this point of time ? Shall I go through the medicals and ask the doctor to submit them ? Or shall I wait for an email from the LVO ?

Please advice ..

sonie055

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not requested
AOR Received.
AOR 1-01-June-2016, AOR 2 -29 -June-2016
File Transfer...
28-June-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
24-04-2016(Upfront)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
22-Jan-2017
maplezone said:
Dear Seniors/Experts,

I received MR, However, I did not receive any email from LVO to undergo medicals or to pay RPRF. All I received is a system auto generated email from "Do Not Reply - Client-update-mise-a-jour [at] cic.gc.ca" enclosing a medical form and instruction pages.

What I am concerned about is that no RPRF requested at this point in time whereas it usually accompany medical request. There is no email from LVO intimating MR or asking for additional docs, just system auto generated MR email ...

1) Is it normal not to have RPRF request along with MR? If yes, what is the trend for receiving RPRF in cases where it is not requested with MR.

2) What should be done at this point of time ? Shall I go through the medicals and ask the doctor to submit them ? Or shall I wait for an email from the LVO ?

Please advice ..

Normal cases they should request RPRF along with the Medical Request Email from the Visa officer.
Do you know who is your Visa officer?

Thanks

sonie055

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not requested
AOR Received.
AOR 1-01-June-2016, AOR 2 -29 -June-2016
File Transfer...
28-June-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
24-04-2016(Upfront)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
22-Jan-2017
binder85071 said:
Hi everyone

first of all thanks to everyone, every one gets lot of information from this FORUM through sharing information . its really helpful when u are feeling low. someone encourages you.

my timelines are
VO NDVO
APPLICATION RECEIVED ON 19 JUNE 2014
PER 17 OCT 2014
PROCESSING STARTS O6 JAN 2015
PHYSICAL VERIFICATION IN MARCH 2015
MEDICAL RECEIVED ON 16 OCT 2015
MEDICAL DONE 6 NOV
MEDICAL RECEIVED 2 DEC 2015
DECISION MADE 10 DEC 2015
PPR 14 DEC 2015
PASSPORT SUBMITTED WITH NEW SPECIFICATION OF PHOTO ON 15 DECEMBER
PASSPORT RECEIVED BACK 18 DEC 2015

I THANKS EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM FOR THEIR SUPPORT.
PRAY FOR EVERYONE TO GET PASSED ALL THE STAGES.
THANKFUL TO GOD. GOD IS GREAT
Congrats and Welcome to Canada
Happy Landing :)

LazyBoy7199

Sep 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (Changed to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br><b>Initial App:</b> 29-05-2014 <br><b>Rejected/Returned:</b> 15-10-2014 <br><b>Reapplied:</b> 05-11-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>CC Charged:</b> 08-Jan-2015 <br><b>PER:</b> 30-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
<br><b>AOR:</b>24-Feb-2015 (WVO) <br><b> SLU: </b> 17-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 ; R:7.5 ; W:7.0 ; S:8.0
Med's Request
06-May-2015
Med's Done....
<br><b> Med Done: </b> 11-May-2015 <br><b>Re-Med: </b> 13-Aug-2015 <br><b>TLU: </b> 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
22-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Dec-2015
maplezone said:
Dear Lazyboy,

Thanks a lot .... But the confusion is that ... I did not receive any email from LVO to undergo medicals or to pay RPRF. I am worried about that, no RPRF requested at this point in time whereas it usually comes with the medical request. Furthermore, There is no email from LVO intimating MR or asking for additional docs, its just system an auto generated MR email.

Is it normal not to have RPRF request along with MR? If yes, then what is the trend for receiving RPRF in cases where it is not requested with MR.
It is not normal. Usual trend is getting the MR email from VO followed by MR forms which come within 48 hrs. You can wait for the email requesting MR and RPRF or try and raise a CSE mentioning that you received the MR forms. Parallely you may go ahead with the medicals.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
No , I don't know my visa officer yet because this email is an auto generated email ... furthermore, I can't see any Visa officer's initials at the bottom of the email , since it is an auto generated email ... At the bottom of the email , it just says VISA SECTION , LONDON ...

sonie055 said:
Normal cases they should request RPRF along with the Medical Request Email from the Visa officer.
Do you know who is your Visa officer?

Thanks

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Lazyboy, what you're saying is that , I should appear for the medicals and let the doctor submit my MR result to CIC ? ? ?

LazyBoy7199 said:
It is not normal. Usual trend is getting the MR email from VO followed by MR forms which come within 48 hrs. You can wait for the email requesting MR and RPRF or try and raise a CSE mentioning that you received the MR forms. Parallely you may go ahead with the medicals.

samandp

May 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Ndvo/ Wvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
RPRF - 21-07-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
maplezone said:
Lazyboy, what you're saying is that , I should appear for the medicals and let the doctor submit my MR result to CIC ? ? ?
Yes..go ahead...there was one more applicant who got rprf mail after 20-25 days of mr.