+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Sultaan4

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
3/2/2015
AOR Received.
26/2/2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
27/4/2015
Med's Request
9/5/2015
Med's Done....
26/5/2015(TLU updated 4/6/2015
Interview........
Inshallah waived(DM:21/7/2015)
Passport Req..
16/7/2015
Hello everyone!!!

I'm going to pay rprf through dd so wat name shud be on Dd receiver general for canada or sum thing else... And it shud be 980cad or 48400inr.........
My Vo is Warsaw

I'm so confused
N can I pay with two credit cards I.e 490 cad from two cards for me n my spouse!!!!
I feel online is much easy to pay!!

Plz help !!!!

v2014

Dec 24, 2014
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 26/3/2015
Hi guys,

A quick question..

When you send the visa office additional requested documents by email... Do you send them a scan of the document in the original language and also a scan of the translated/certified document ?
Or do you only send them a scan of the translated/certified copy ?

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hello Seniors,

What is the current procedure for initial landing for PR can some one please guide with latest details. As I understand I need to take Passports, CORP and funds with me I have following questions.
1) How much money do I need to take in cash as it is mentioned on the website of around 17K CAD for family including my wife and daughter, is it necessary to take the exact amount or can I take some less also I would prefer to take US dollars rather then CAD.
2) do I need travel insurance as well

Any other requirement for landing

Regards,

Captain

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Well, I know someone who was already pregnant before her MR came and she went ahead with her medicals and got her Visa and COPR issued. She is in Calgary right now and baby was delivered in Canada and at no time was she questioned about the pregnancy. Her POF was above the amount requested so she was not asked to resubmit. It is really up to your friend, but conception is not the same as delivery and the change in family composition mentioned is physical addition not expected addition, unless there is a way to get travel documents for the fetus, I don't think it is necessary. Like I said earlier he should just make sure his POF is enough to include the baby when it is born.

stayblessed said:
Thnx. Then why is it mentioned in COPR that any change in family composition u must inform VO?

abhishek1985

Sep 24, 2014
Dear Prince

It is always advisable to carry more cash then what they have mentioned.

Less then what is mentioned wont be acceptable.

Avoid the risk.

Travel insurance is must during travel and after you land in buy private health insurance for 3 months.

After that you will get Health card.

Regards
Abhishek Agggarwal

Captain_Prince said:
Hello Seniors,

What is the current procedure for initial landing for PR can some one please guide with latest details. As I understand I need to take Passports, CORP and funds with me I have following questions.
1) How much money do I need to take in cash as it is mentioned on the website of around 17K CAD for family including my wife and daughter, is it necessary to take the exact amount or can I take some less also I would prefer to take US dollars rather then CAD.

Regards,

Captain

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@ Captain_Prince

1. U just need Passport and COPR
2. U need to have some funds with u. Although immigration officer usually don't ask abt POF but its better u carry some proof of liquid funds. Generally, bank statement from banks other than US and European are not acceptable, but I THINK DD in local currency could be a valid proof. However, if u opt for this, you should tell the officer that the only purpose of having this DD is "POF" and u r not going to deposit it in Canadian bank (more like a disclaimer to avoid misrepresentation issue).
3. U can take funds in any currency, but shud have some funds in CAD for initial expenses
4. Travel insurance is optional. If the province (Alberta and few others) u r landing offers medical insurance from day 1 u don't need it, otherwise (Ontario, Quebec, and BC/N.B have 90 day waiting period) its better if u buy proper medical insurance.

P.S: If u r looking for focused discussion / planning for landing and settling issues, u r welcome to join whatsapp group of applicants who have landed or landing soon, PM/inbox ur number.

Captain_Prince said:
Hello Seniors,

Regards,

Captain

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
Dear friends,
I am posting this message again. I am expecting an offer from quebec employer, is it possible to land and work with this employer in quebec with FSW COPR and visa. can someone else please help me to take decision. If not what are all the things i need to get so still i can utilize this offer.

sreeramp

Champion Member
Aug 3, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014 at 13:57
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER Recieved 11-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
4th May 2015 @ 3 PM
perukulla said:
Dear friends,
I am posting this message again. I am expecting an offer from quebec employer, is it possible to land and work with this employer in quebec with FSW COPR and visa. can someone else please help me to take decision. If not what are all the things i need to get so still i can utilize this offer.
perukulla your Question about Moving to quebec after landing and establishing permanent residency in Canada.

Canadian Permanent Residents have full mobility rights.
This means that, unless you are otherwise legally restricted (bail, bond, etc.), you can move to any city or province in Canada and live wherever you wish. However, as a new immigrant you may not have access to some of the Quebec-funded services for immigrants that come to that province via their provincial selection process.

You can find information and contacts for the government of Quebec immigration department here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais

Manchi83

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER January 2015
AOR Received.
February 2015
Med's Request
December 2015
Med's Done....
TLU December 23
Passport Req..
May 2016
perukulla said:
Dear friends,
Bro,

As far as I know your CORP allows you to land and to work anywhere in Canada but Quebec, since the latter has its own exclusive immigration stream. You should find out what is the procedure of obtaining a Quebec work permit from other non francophone provinces. Just google this issue and I think you'll find some useful info.

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
perukulla said:
Dear friends,
Hi perukulla,

You can land anywhere in Canada, including Quebec....However it's advisable to give a non-Quebec address for delivery of ur PR Card when u land...The reason is bcos Quebec has it's own specific Immigration process for which u need a CSQ...So far, no FSW applicant this year has provided an experience of landing in Quebec with a Quebec address for PR Card delivery...Keep in mind the following points->

a. The Canadian Charter of rights gives u the freedom of movement to work anywhere in Canada...this means even if u land outside Quebec, u can immediately move there and work during the duration of ur PR Residency, with absolutely no problems..

b. The gray area is about what happens after the initial 5 years, i.e. when u apply to extend ur PR....this is where CIC may create problems if they found out u lived in Quebec the whole time...Check out this interesting discussion that 2 seniors had a few weeks back->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t276642.0.html;msg4214970#msg4214970

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t276642.0.html;msg4214997#msg4214997

c. And you may not have access to some of the Quebec-funded services for immigrants that it provides to the QSW applicants...

At the end, it's ur call..Take an informed decision..Good luck!! :)

asb30

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
June end 2015
Hi friends,

I am planning to land Calgary 30th June or July beginning 2015, along with my wife and 5 months baby. After much of comparison, I have narrowed down my options to either British Airways or KLM airlines, keeping low prices in mind.

Someone advised me to avoid Heathrow airport, as it has high security checks, crowded and busiest long terminals which is not comfortable while travelling with infant and lots of luggages. So kind of confused among two.

Would appreciate if someone could share their experiences with BA or KLM, keeping in mind their baggage allowance, child friendly policies and lay over experiences.

Regards

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@perukulla

As far as my understanding is concerned, its all about ur intention at the time of application. On CIC website it states that "Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan to live in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more."

If u can prove that at tht time ur intention was to not Quebec, but u went to Quebec just because u got a job there....... no one can stop u.

Yes, it may create problems at the time of award of citizenship/PR renewal. For that accept the job, gain Canadian experience and exit from Quebec within 2-3 years. Till that time, no one can say u anything, even if it is highlighted to CIC that u r working in Quebec because ITS UR RIGHT under Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. If u r in DON'T PURCHASE A HOUSE or DO ANYTHING WHICH MAY REFLECT UR LONG TERM INTENT TO RESIDE IN QUEBEC, such as education from Quebec uni... ur child going to quebec school is different but still prefer english medium school (if any) rather than French etc etc.

Having said all this, IF U HAD THE QUEBEC JOB OFFER BEFORE APPLYING FOR FSW, then DON'T accept it, as it will construe INTENT TO STAY IN QUEBEC from beginning and hence MISREPRESENTATION.

@arkscan

+1 for comprehensive response

arkscan said:
Hi perukulla,

You can land anywhere in Canada, including Quebec....However it's advisable to give a non-Quebec address for delivery of ur PR Card when u land...The reason is bcos Quebec has it's own specific Immigration process for which u need a CSQ...So far, no FSW applicant this year has provided an experience of landing in Quebec with a Quebec address for PR Card delivery...Keep in mind the following points->

a. The Canadian Charter of rights gives u the freedom of movement to work anywhere in Canada...this means even if u land outside Quebec, u can immediately move there and work during the duration of ur PR Residency, with absolutely no problems..

b. The gray area is about what happens after the initial 5 years, i.e. when u apply to extend ur PR....this is where CIC may create problems if they found out u lived in Quebec the whole time...Check out this interesting discussion that 2 seniors had a few weeks back->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t276642.0.html;msg4214970#msg4214970

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t276642.0.html;msg4214997#msg4214997

At the end, it's ur call..Take an informed decision..Good luck!! :)

coolranger

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th june 2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
7th October 2014
AOR Received.
11th November
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
hope it may not be required
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Not yet
hi everyone,

My second line was on Nov 11 2014, since then no MR....Anyone Anyone who got MR after such long delay..Please let us know....desperately waiting for MR.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
I have traveled with B.A.... not a major issue at airport other than u can't cross security point with water for baby milk but u can buy it from shop after the check point. It will also be available in plane. Regarding, security check point...... yes it has long queue but only at first few counters (don't know why ppl like to queue at first available) the last few usually have only 7-8 passengers. I always prefer to walk few extra steps and avoid the long queue.

No idea abt child friendly policy, but both shud be equally good in that. If u r a smoker, the only place u can smoke on Heathrow is Terminal 4 (not used by B.A but u can take airport bus 15-20 min one way), unless u can enter UK in which case u have to exit airport (less time consuming that T4 ride).

Have no experience of KLM. Do consider lay-off period, route (B.A route has turbulence, not sure abt KLM), allowed weight etc etc.

only the hand carry will be checked, the check-in luggage wudn't be an issue.

asb30 said:
Hi friends,

I am planning to land Calgary 30th June or July beginning 2015, along with my wife and 5 months baby. After much of comparison, I have narrowed down my options to either British Airways or KLM airlines, keeping low prices in mind.

Someone advised me to avoid Heathrow airport, as it has high security checks, crowded and busiest long terminals which is not comfortable while travelling with infant and lots of luggages. So kind of confused among two.

Would appreciate if someone could share their experiences with BA or KLM, keeping in mind their baggage allowance, child friendly policies and lay over experiences.

Regards

Giftsmas

Sep 14, 2014
Casablanca
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat Morocco
NOC Code......
NOC 0121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/09/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09.04.2015, TLU and DM on May 27th 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully buy a flight ticket soon!
sumagayam said:
Hi All,

It is been more than two months that my medicals are done, but haven't received PPR yet. Getting tensed now. Can someone let me know how long it will take. Shall i apply for for GCMS notes or wait for some more time, can some one suggest any vendor for gcms notes. Below are my time lines

app date - 9th Sep 14
per - 19th Dec 2014
medicals - 14th March 2015
medicals received - ECAS update - 23rd March 2015
pcc, rprf reached on - 29 March 2015
rprf dd encashed - 10 April 2015
I waited for almost two months after medical exam until last Friday when third line and decision made were updated on ECAS. So it might be a matter of time only. Good luck buddy