+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re Entry with soon to expire PR Card

mb1977

May 2, 2015
Thanks for the early and detailed advise.
so it implies that applying in a university after the pr card expiry could be a problem in spite of driving license and health card.

secondly, if we have a child during this period(expired pr card and not meeting RO), could be a problem amounting to getting reported.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mb1977 said:
Thanks for the early and detailed advise.
so it implies that applying in a university after the pr card expiry could be a problem in spite of driving license and health card.

secondly, if we have a child during this period(expired pr card and not meeting RO), could be a problem amounting to getting reported.
Yes, going to college with an expired PR card can definitely pose a problem.

Having a child in Canada shouldn't be a problem because there is nothing you are doing that has anything to do with immigration. You do not have to notify immigration about the child, you do not have to sponsor the child because it is automatically a citizen etc.

mb1977

May 2, 2015
Hi Leon thanx for your earlier inputs. Need some last minute advise.
As I had mentioned earlier we had landed in 2010, stayed for a month and then left. Our PR card (self, wife and five year old child) are expiring in November 2015. We are flying into Seattle next week where my brother will pick us and by car we plan to go to Vancouver. Now while crossing into Canada is it advisable to show the near expiry PR cards or just the landing papers and passport are sufficient. What are the likely questions we can be bombarded with, any suggestions/inputs are being looked forward to.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mb1977 said:
Hi Leon thanx for your earlier inputs. Need some last minute advise.
As I had mentioned earlier we had landed in 2010, stayed for a month and then left. Our PR card (self, wife and five year old child) are expiring in November 2015. We are flying into Seattle next week where my brother will pick us and by car we plan to go to Vancouver. Now while crossing into Canada is it advisable to show the near expiry PR cards or just the landing papers and passport are sufficient. What are the likely questions we can be bombarded with, any suggestions/inputs are being looked forward to.
If I was the POE CBSA agent the very first red flag I would look for is the PR who has no PR Card and presents landing docs (COPR) with their passports and I noted they landed almost 5 years ago....just saying!! I'd be thinking where is the PR Card...oh you have it...why didn't you want to show this to me....or what's most likely to happen is you get sent to Secondary Inspection Line (SIL)...this is what you are trying to avoid since SIL have all the time and tools at theirs disposal to dig into your story. Show the PR Cards is my suggestion. No one knows what question you will get...all depends on the agent...some may ask how long you were away for, where you reside, where you work etc. You may get no questions and a just a welcome home. All luck of the draw.