+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entry with PR card/visa

realtexdex

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
I entered Canada as a PR last summer, but had to leave before I got my PR card. I did supply a Canadian address but CIC needed different photographs. I am planning on re-entering later this spring using just my COPR on foot at the Niagara border without getting a new PR visa stamped. Should this be alright? Also since I don't have a paper card what is the process of restarting the PR card process once in Canada.
Thanks for y'alls help.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Entering Canada with copy of COPR via US-Canada boarder is permitted but not assured. If the BSA on duty at the boarder is not satisfied he could refuse your entry. If you obtain a travel document from any of the Canadian Mission in USA your return is easy.

realtexdex

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for your reply. The thing is I don't want to get a Travel document unless it is absolutely necessary. I don't need to be in Canada until mid 2015 to maintain my PR status. I want to get my H-1 extension stamped in Canada in the spring, and work on the PR card too. I know I could send my new pictures to CIC, but the contact I had in canada has moved now, and there isn't a way to change the address with CIC unless I get back inside Canada.

soop

Jan 18, 2010
Hi realtexdex

You can travel using COPR.pLEASE SEE LINK BELOW IF YOU ARE TRAVELING BY CAR.i AM DOING THE SAME THING.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

SOOP