+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re-entry to canada from USA ( need URGENT REPLY)

kentoters

Jan 5, 2011
I have a problem. I went to the USA for the holidays. I am an international student at University of Toronto. I have an expired TRV visa but a valid study permit till march 2011. I wanna know if they would grant me re entry to canada even though my visa is expired as I have only been to the USA? Your quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christopher Ken Lim

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kentoters said:
I have a problem. I went to the USA for the holidays. I am an international student at University of Toronto. I have an expired TRV visa but a valid study permit till march 2011. I wanna know if they would grant me re entry to canada even though my visa is expired as I have only been to the USA? Your quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christopher Ken Lim
Yes as long as it was the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon

Gujranwala.chandigarh

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 3
IELTS Request
8 BANDS , TOEFL 90
Med's Request
BEFOREHAND
Med's Done....
BEFOREHAND
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
ALREADY SUBMITTED
VISA ISSUED...
January 11
LANDED..........
January 13
you shall have no worries..you are good to re-enter canada with either a valid permit or a visa...

kentoters

Jan 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind reply Sir/Mam. I am worried as my classmate who just left this january 6 2011 who had an expired TRV a valid study permit, was required to apply for a new temporary resident Visa at the new york canadian immigration even though she still had a study permit, and has only traveled to the United States. the airlines wouldn't let here board the plane unless she secures a TRV. I hope they won't require me to apply for TRV since I have only gone to the US for a Visit.