+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entry in Canada with a valid S1 visa with a PGWP.

vijay0508

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

I am sure this question has been asked before here, but I just need to make sure the rules have not changed since the last thread on this was concluded.

I recently graduated and got my PGWP which is a sheet of paper that enables me to stay in Canada.
On my passport, I have an S1 visa with multiple entries which is valid until 30th September 2017.
I will be travelling to India in June and be returning to Canada in July 2017.

Do I need a TRV to re-enter Canada?

I am not sure if my S1 with multiple entries is valid now that I have graduated and I am no longer a student.

Regards,

Vijay

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I recently graduated and got my PGWP which is a sheet of paper that enables me to stay in Canada.
On my passport, I have an S1 visa with multiple entries which is valid until 30th September 2017.

I am not sure if my S1 with multiple entries is valid now that I have graduated and I am no longer a student.
Your TRV is still valid.

ankit90

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, I have the same query. I have completed my graduation in Canada and have obtained my post-graduation work permit. The visa on my passport is valid till Dec.1, 2017 and I have to go to India on Nov.8, 2017 and return on Nov.24, 2017. So,

1. Is the visa stamped on my passport a student visa or a TRV?
2. Can I re-enter Canada on Nov. 24, 2017, on the same visa or do I have to apply for a new TRV since I have received my work permit now?

Hoping quick answers from you guys and thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have the same query. I have completed my graduation in Canada and have obtained my post-graduation work permit. The visa on my passport is valid till Dec.1, 2017 and I have to go to India on Nov.8, 2017 and return on Nov.24, 2017. So,

1. Is the visa stamped on my passport a student visa or a TRV?
2. Can I re-enter Canada on Nov. 24, 2017, on the same visa or do I have to apply for a new TRV since I have received my work permit now?

Hoping quick answers from you guys and thanks in advance.
1. It is a TRV.

2. Yes, you can re-enter Canada without issue.

ankit90

Oct 25, 2017
1. It is a TRV.

Thanks. Yes I have heard the same from few people. If someone had been in my situation and tried leaving and entering successfully, it would be more convincing.
Have you experienced this yourself ?

Ravleenk

Nov 5, 2017
1. It is a TRV.

I am in the similar situation. Thank you for your response. I just wanted to be sure before I leave the country. Have you experienced or know someone who has re entered Canada with student visa and a PGWP?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am in the similar situation. Thank you for your response. I just wanted to be sure before I leave the country. Have you experienced or know someone who has re entered Canada with student visa and a PGWP?
Search the forum. You will find many.

salvadorposse

Apr 27, 2017
Hi,

I am sure this question has been asked before here, but I just need to make sure the rules have not changed since the last thread on this was concluded.

Regards,

Vijay
Hi, did you do it? is it true that you can continue with your S1 visa while holding a PGWP? Thanks...