+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re entering Canada after getting PR

dr_sarwat

Jul 9, 2009
Hello all,

I have one quick question which is upsetting me a lot :(

After I got PR card, I visited my parents for a month. I came back in first week of July, the immigration officer at YYZ airport saw my PR card and passport, asked the purpose of visit and said ok.

When I reached home, I realized, he never stamped my passport for entering in Canada. Is that OK? I mean to say, there isn't any proof that I have entered Canada.

Suggestions, thought?

Thanks in adavance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dr_sarwat said:
Hello all,

I have one quick question which is upsetting me a lot :(

After I got PR card, I visited my parents for a month. I came back in first week of July, the immigration officer at YYZ airport saw my PR card and passport, asked the purpose of visit and said ok.

When I reached home, I realized, he never stamped my passport for entering in Canada. Is that OK? I mean to say, there isn't any proof that I have entered Canada.

Suggestions, thought?

Thanks in adavance
Don't normally stamp returning PRs passports.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
dr_sarwat said:
I was born in Canada and I've never had my passport stamped when returning to Canada. You're a Canadian permanent resident now. All you're doing is coming home.

If you think you'll need proof in the future (for citizenship, etc.) keep your boarding passes and such so you have documentation. It's not likely to be an issue.

dr_sarwat

Jul 9, 2009
Thanks guys,

It is a relief. Back in my country they do it, so I thought, its a normal process here as well. I am a new immigrant so was worried about it.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BeShoo said:
I was born in Canada and I've never had my passport stamped when returning to Canada. You're a Canadian permanent resident now. All you're doing is coming home.

If you think you'll need proof in the future (for citizenship, etc.) keep your boarding passes and such so you have documentation. It's not likely to be an issue.
that's bit strange for me
if they don't stamp on the pp hpw they keep records? only on compuers?
and
do they stamp when someone leaves canada or pr/nationality status
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They scan your passport/pr card when you arrive. Nobody looks at your passport when you leave (except the airline).