+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-applying for visitors visa, old one still pending for over 1 year!

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello, has any had a long pending visitors visa application and then reapplied after circumstances changed? So both parents have had Canadian visitors visa before. Applied one year ago and still waiting to hear back and waiting for "secondary clearance" They have both received new US visas. I was recommending to reapply now that they have approved US visa to help expedite. Any experience regarding this? Will we have to retract old pending application before applying again? Thank you for your thoughts in advance!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello, has any had a long pending visitors visa application and then reapplied after circumstances changed? So both parents have had Canadian visitors visa before. Applied one year ago and still waiting to hear back and waiting for "secondary clearance" They have both received new US visas. I was recommending to reapply now that they have approved US visa to help expedite. Any experience regarding this? Will we have to retract old pending application before applying again? Thank you for your thoughts in advance!
Submit the new info via web form. What happens with a USA visa really has nothing to do with Canada but it might help. If you want to submit a new app you have to withdraw the old one, reapply and you go back to the bottom of the list again.

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Which country are you applying from?
Similar situation here for my parents applying from CHina...
They had Canada visitor visa before (expired), then applied visitor visa in November 2022, still in process till today...
Received USA B1 visa in april 2023 but I don't think it helps.
Recently just submitted super visa app for them, nothing happened yet.
Not really expecting the super visa could be quicker, but there is nothing else I can do...