+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Fingerprint - Does it find positive match for discharge/withdrawn charges?

nickz11

Oct 7, 2017
I was asked by CIC to do a FP with RCMP for my citizenship application.

I had an absolute discharge sentenced on Sep 2016. As absolute discharge only stayed on criminal record for one year, I expected it to be purged and I did a fingerprint on last Monday to check if can complete in 3 business days. However, I called RCMP on Friday and was told that the application was still in process and it might take more than 120 days to process because it didn't finish in 3 days. Therefore, my question is that the reason why it finds a fingerprint match in RCMP after absolute discharge purge date, is it because the RCMP delay in purging discharge from criminal record database or discharges/withdrawn charges still show fingerprint matches in the system until I complete the file destruction? In other words, if it is not a criminal record, can RCMP still find a match due to discharge or withdrawal charges and take over 120 days to process? I am frustrated to wait for this... If anyone has previous experience, please give some ideas.. Thanks

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
even if its 120 days its nothing, and nothing can be done by you or us, just be patience and everthing will be ok. HOPE & FAITH is whats needed from you now. Its very very likely its less than 120 days and thats just on paper timeframe for them but i remember when i asked for arrest fingerprint & photo destruction TPS told me it will take 12 months to destroy but got letter after 25 days thats it has been destroyed and never lost sleep over the whole process because its on their hand, Enjoy your thanksgiving i feel your frustration.

nickz11

Oct 7, 2017
even if its 120 days its nothing, and nothing can be done by you or us, just be patience and everthing will be ok. HOPE & FAITH is whats needed from you now. Its very very likely its less than 120 days and thats just on paper timeframe for them but i remember when i asked for arrest fingerprint & photo destruction TPS told me it will take 12 months to destroy but got letter after 25 days thats it has been destroyed and never lost sleep over the whole process because its on their hand, Enjoy your thanksgiving i feel your frustration.
haha thanks man. How long does the file destruction take? I also just submitted the form. Happy thanksgiving!

FA94

Aug 2, 2023
Hi Nick,
Do you know how long it took to receive the criminal record check? Did it take 120 days or less? What showed up on your check?